The Student Room Group

The unlogic of the liberal left

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yudothis
Why shouldn't they for someone being incorrect.

That’s just thing. These people weren’t objectively incorrect (like 2 25), they were politically incorrect incorrect, for example women don’t enjoy engineering jobs so much as men on average (factually correct and yet politically incorrect).
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Bornblue
Largely because those on the right have sought to weaken everyone else's employment rights and protections so there is a certain sense of 'what comes around goes around' when it comes back to bite them.
I find it rather funny that you are referring to huge corporations such as Google, as 'left wing'.

You seem to be conflating the idea of 'PC culture' with 'don't be an *******' culture.

The latter is fine. If a white person insists on using the n-word, even though they know its connotations, why shouldn't they be sacked? That's not pc culture, that's simply not using words or phrases which have such a dreadful historical context attached to them.

There seems to be some on the right who think they are being edgy and violating taboos by using the n-word. You're not, you're just being an ass.

Ben Shapiro who is very right wing makes this point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eioRmh9xlU4

Is he marxist?

Again you are confirming my theory by saying that we need an ever changing language and then to find transgressors in order to right the “wrongs” of history.

On the World War II film The Dam Busters about the bouncing bomb unleashed on Germany’s dams. There was a small back dog called ******.

Largely because those on the right have sought to weaken everyone else's employment rights and protections so there is a certain sense of 'what comes around goes around' when it comes back to bite them.
I find it rather funny that you are referring to huge corporations such as Google, as 'left wing'.

You seem to be conflating the idea of 'PC culture' with 'don't be an *******' culture.

The latter is fine. If a white person insists on using the n-word, even though they know its connotations, why shouldn't they be sacked? That's not pc culture, that's simply not using words or phrases which have such a dreadful historical context attached to them.

There seems to be some on the right who think they are being edgy and violating taboos by using the n-word. You're not, you're just being an ass.

Ben Shapiro who is very right wing makes this point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eioRmh9xlU4

Is he marxist?

Again you are confirming my theory by saying that we need an ever changing language and then to find transgressors in order to right the “wrongs” of history.

In the Word War 2 film the Dam Busters there was a little black dog called ******. It was not considered an offensive term.

The BBC are saying that the dogs name has been changed for a remake.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-13727908
Original post by Airplanebee2
That’s just thing. These people weren’t objectively incorrect (like 2 25), they were politically incorrect incorrect, for example women don’t enjoy engineering jobs so much as men on average (factually correct and yet politically incorrect).

And who got fired for saying just that?
No, people did not just suddenly become sensitive. It's only simply become acceptable to call out *******s using derogatory terms. Why do you even have such a problem with this? Why do you so desperately want to keep using this word? Makes no sense.

Have you ever wondered why all of these so called decretory terms are for minority groups? Give me an example of word for common household objects that have turned derogatory except for when there is a minority group involved. All of their words turn from taboo into marginally taboo, or into common usage like ****, so why are only terms for minority groups turning from common use to derogatory?
And who got fired for saying just that?

The google engineer, James Damore effectively.

Incorrect thinking, innit!
(edited 6 years ago)

Well isn’t that just so dandy and convenient 🙈🙈🙈

You are admitting that the liberal left have firm positions which they apply selectively based on whether they like someone (or whether they fit a certain racial profile or group as well). And you are proving my point about the unlogic of the liberal left.

On the World War II film The Dam Busters about the bouncing bomb unleashed on Germany’s dams. There was a small back dog called ******.

In the Word War 2 film the Dam Busters there was a little black dog called ******. It was not considered an offensive term.

The BBC are saying that the dogs name has been changed for a remake.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-13727908

Social norms change and things that were tolerated decades ago are not now. Being gay was a crime a few decades ago, that doesn't mean homophobia back then was any more acceptable and justifiable than it is now.

You really do seem to be lost in a paranoid universe.

The terms were always racist. It wasn't as if calling a black person the n-word in the 50s and 60s wasn't racist. Of course it was, but it was just tolerated by wider society.

It's not about righting the wrongs of history, it's about not being an *******. In the same way that not taking the piss out of a kid who's lost his parents isn't 'pc culture', it's 'don't be an *******' culture.
Social norms change and things that were tolerated decades ago are not now. Being gay was a crime a few decades ago, that doesn't mean homophobia back then was any more acceptable and justifiable than it is now.

You really do seem to be lost in a paranoid universe.

The terms were always racist. It wasn't as if calling a black person the n-word in the 50s and 60s wasn't racist. Of course it was, but it was just tolerated by wider society.

It's not about righting the wrongs of history, it's about not being an *******. In the same way that not taking the piss out of a kid who's lost his parents isn't 'pc culture', it's 'don't be an *******' culture.

There is a country called Niger 🇳🇪. I supposed it may t must be a racist country? I suppose Negro, the Latin word for black must be a racist word.

So a colour is racist? One professor in the US is now claiming that mathematics is racist.
(edited 6 years ago)
Well isn’t that just so dandy and convenient 🙈🙈🙈

You are admitting that the liberal left have firm positions which they apply selectively based on whether they like someone (or whether they fit a certain racial profile or group as well). And you are proving my point about the unlogic of the liberal left.

Google, the capitalist giant, are not left wing.
Have you ever wondered why all of these so called decretory terms are for minority groups? Give me an example of word for common household objects that have turned derogatory except for when there is a minority group involved. All of their words turn from taboo into marginally taboo, or into common usage like ****, so why are only terms for minority groups turning from common use to derogatory?

Erm, because people like you love to be derogatory against minority groups, and always have been. So no, I have never wondered this because it's obvious af.
The google engineer, James Damore effectively.

Incorrect thinking, innit!

Oh honey, he said so much more than that, which is why I specifically wrote in my post above "just that"...and you fell right into it.

You are as laughable as predictable.
There is a country called Niger 🇳🇪. I supposed it may t must be a racist country?

You really are a strange little man.
The country 'Niger' is named after the Niger river and has absolutely nothing to do with what you are insinuating it does. It's not even spelt the same.
Google, the capitalist giant, are not left wing.

Google are not left wing economically but they subscribe to postmodern social theory or social Marxism.
ITT crying broflake that is upset the world isn't anymore letting him openly discriminate against others to make himself feel better about his own *****y life.
(edited 6 years ago)
Google are not left wing economically but they subscribe to postmodern social theory or social Marxism.

Google are not left wing full stop.

There's no such thing as 'postmodern social marxism' or whatever you call it. It's a concept imagined up and obsessed over by people such as yourself.

No one on the left cares about any of that. They care about public services, the cost of housing, education etc.
(edited 6 years ago)
Erm, because people like you love to be derogatory against minority groups, and always have been. So no, I have never wondered this because it's obvious af.

I have been discussing postmodern social theory followed by discussions about lexical syntax of non-PC words?

Who have I been derogatory against? Who is the victim?
ITT crying broflake that is upset the world isn't anymore letting him openly discriminate against others to make himself feel better about his own *****y life.

No I’m discussing the effect of postmodern social theory on language.
I have been discussing postmodern social theory followed by discussions about lexical syntax of non-PC words?

Who have I been derogatory against? Who is the victim?

Then tell me this, why are you so upset that you can't use words anymore that are upsetting others?
No I’m discussing the effect of postmodern social theory on language.

Not at all. My description is much more apt.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending