The Student Room Group

Anyone fancy a chat?

I’m soo bored and I have no friends (I lost them because I couldn’t keep up with them with my social anxiety). So yeah, I thought having people to talk to would take my mind off things for a while.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
y^2=4ax
What are you upto?
Hi :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Lychee627
What are you upto?

Original post by Arcadia123
Hi :smile:

Hey, not up to much yet again, just in my room with some music 😂 what about you?
metro boomin want some more *****
Original post by Meg846
Hey, not up to much yet again, just in my room with some music 😂 what about you?

Procrastinating when I should be doing work:lol:
Original post by Meg846
I’m soo bored and I have no friends (I lost them because I couldn’t keep up with them with my social anxiety). So yeah, I thought having people to talk to would take my mind off things for a while.

They weren't your friends if they left you due to your anxiety.
Currently procrastinating about doing my homework because I still have 4 days left of holidays :smile:)
Reply 9
Procrastinating when I should be doing work:lol:

Oh yeah, it’s half term now and I have plenty of corse work to do instead I have been stressing about it and then telling myself I’ll do it a different time 😂
Hiya
Original post by Meg846
Oh yeah, it’s half term now and I have plenty of corse work to do instead I have been stressing about it and then telling myself I’ll do it a different time 😂

Hahaha ohh better late than never , we dont have half term holidays at uni!:frown:
Reply 12
Original post by magicbeans1212
They weren't your friends if they left you due to your anxiety.

It wasn’t directly because of my anxiety but they have other friends which is fine but I couldn’t go out with them and I haven’t seen them since may and haven’t been spoke to them for 2 months and tbh it’s hard because I love them so much
Reply 13
Original post by desktopcooking
Hiya

Hey wuu2?
Original post by Meg846
It wasn’t directly because of my anxiety but they have other friends which is fine but I couldn’t go out with them and I haven’t seen them since may and haven’t been spoke to them for 2 months and tbh it’s hard because I love them so much

If you have anxiety about going out, you could always invite them around for a sleepover or to watch a movie.
Reply 15
Hahaha ohh better late than never , we dont have half term holidays at uni!:frown:

I don’t think I could deal with that, an 8 week term has been hard enough 😂
Reply 16
If you have anxiety about going out, you could always invite them around for a sleepover or to watch a movie.

I don’t think they would be interested now really. I mean I can’t even text them because I feel like I’ll Be pestering them.
lol
Original post by Meg846
I don’t think they would be interested now really. I mean I can’t even text them because I feel like I’ll Be pestering them.

That's a difficult position to be in and I can assume that it is hard. Hopefully in the future you will meet new people and have new friends who will understand and know so can help you more
Reply 19
That's a difficult position to be in and I can assume that it is hard. Hopefully in the future you will meet new people and have new friends who will understand and know so can help you more

Yeah it definitely is. I have known the 1 for 13 years and the other for 5. We were in the same classes for 99% if things from year 7 to year 11 (and from nursery for the one I have known 13 years) and they helped me so much, I couldn’t have coped without them and I told them most things, apart from the anxiety. It really does hurt to realise that they have basically forgotten about me and I don’t even have anyone to talk to about it.

Quick Reply

Latest