The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Muudeey
omg im 17 with an IQ of 172

Which test did you do ?
Original post by questions1729
interesting the stereotypes people seem to lay down on people in the high iq society.

not so genius after all....

Lads hes trolling
Original post by ehruhure
not so genius after all....

Lads hes trolling

Who ever said I was he ?
Original post by Questions1729
Post your questions.

How many times did you re-watch Rick and Morty to get this IQ?
fake or not
Boasting or talking a lot about your IQ is a trait of loners
Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ
I have always thought a certain level of arrogance is needed to:
1. Bother to take A-levels
2. Care about the result of A-levels
3. Be so proud of the result as to join a university full of similarity arrogant people.
4. To place any value on A-levels at all.

Thoughts?

A-levels are, unlike IQ, something you have control over. Bad analogy.
Who ever said I was he ?

LOL AN IQ OF 174 YEAH

I DIDNT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT U BEING A LAD, I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE OTHERS ON THIS THREAD.

GO back to school and learn grammar
Reply 27
IQ test are absolutely rubbish and people who
Which test did you do ?

Cambridge IQ test. All my friends did it at the same time. The highest score among us was 185
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ
I have always thought a certain level of arrogance is needed to:
1. Bother to take A-levels
2. Care about the result of A-levels
3. Be so proud of the result as to join a university full of similarity arrogant people.
4. To place any value on A-levels at all.

Thoughts?

1. A Levels get you a job, IQ doesn't.
2. Jobs contribute to society, IQ doesn't
3. Universities produce groundbreaking research, Mensa doesn't.
4. The value of A Levels is that it produces all of the above, what does IQ produce?

By the way that was an awful attempt at analogous humour. Your response reeks of intellectual insecurity.
(edited 6 years ago)
Post your questions.

What test? Very few tests go up to 172 (a common ceiling score is 160). Also, how significant this is depends on the standard deviation of the test. For example, the Mensa test (the normal one, not the picture-based "culture fair" test) has a higher standard deviation than most other tests such as the Wechsler.
2 + 2 = 4 - 1 = 3 quick maths
Original post by GovernmentEarner
1. A Levels get you a job, IQ doesn't.
2. Jobs contribute to society, IQ doesn't
3. Universities produce groundbreaking research, Mensa doesn't.
4. The value of A Levels is that it produces all of the above, what does IQ produce?

By the way that was an awful attempt at analogous humour. Your response reeks of intellectual insecurity.

All of them, IQ is a very good indicator of what degree you are capable of doing, people with high IQ contribute more to society and generally get into research.

How does insecurity tie into this? I am not OP nor have I been tested for my IQ. You are the one calling him arrogant for taking an IQ test.
That's nice
Reply 35
Original post by Stuffme
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

You forgot "Nothing personnel, kid 😎"
What university are you applying for and what course
People always get mad as f*ck and triggered by the concept of IQ, always revealing their own insecurities. The moment it gets mentioned they enter defence mode like someone just claimed to be directly superior to them.

By the way if you think IQ is bullsh*t then you have to throw out the rest of psychology with it. IQ is the no. 1 most verifiable and replicable concept in psychology, with nothing else even coming close. It also has the highest correlation with success out of any psychological trait.
Felicitations; though I fear it's no co-incidence that this places you at the 'end' of a bell-shaped graph.
Original post by Desmos
You forgot "Nothing personnel, kid 😎"

oh **** how could I forget

Latest

Trending

Trending