The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Language Nov 2017 resit (9-1)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by magicbeans1212
I know I hated question 2 because I couldn't find anything apart from personification.

Shoot I forgot to mention that ! I spoke of repetition , complex sentence and adjectives .
Original post by monelbailey
Shoot I forgot to mention that ! I spoke of repetition , complex sentence and adjectives .

What repetition lol?? I didn't know if the sentences were complex or compound but I wrote it was compound
What repetition lol?? I didn't know if the sentences were complex or compound but I wrote it was compound

Loool you're like I failed already 😂 There's was some phrase repeated twice towards the end . Shoot I think they were compound sentences
Loool you're like I failed already 😂 There's was some phrase repeated twice towards the end . Shoot I think they were compound sentences

No you failed lol. And I hope they were compound sentences. Stupid examiners should have chosen something with more features
No you failed lol. And I hope they were compound sentences. Stupid examiners should have chosen something with more features

I don't know (maybe) I panicked tbh lol . Atleast I Explained the effect . TBH my story was ok I think . How was yours ?
[QUOTE="monelbailey;74376764"]I don't know (maybe) I panicked tbh lol . Atleast I Explained the effect . TBH my story was ok I think . How was yours ?[/QUOTE
]

I just felt like I was ********ting and trying to be relevant tbh. My story I think is good in terms of using all the language/structural techniques and punctuation but it's only relevant to the question about discovery at the end. And the discovery was very short so it wasn't like really well linked to the question
I don't know (maybe) I panicked tbh lol . Atleast I Explained the effect . TBH my story was ok I think . How was yours ?

I feel that I waffled to be honest

What did you get in your june exam
I feel that I waffled to be honest

I waffled too because I knew finishing 15 mins was too early
[QUOTE="magicbeans1212;74376814"]
I don't know (maybe) I panicked tbh lol . Atleast I Explained the effect . TBH my story was ok I think . How was yours ?[/QUOTE
] i based mine on the description TBH and it was about a guy called David who got upset with his family and there was a talking bird and a lot of stuff 😂

I just felt like I was ********ting and trying to be relevant tbh. My story I think is good in terms of using all the language/structural techniques and punctuation but it's only relevant to the question about discovery at the end. And the discovery was very short so it wasn't like really well linked to the question
What did you get in your june exam

I did the legacy syllabus and a got D surprisingly . I told them remark the paper and came back higher but not high enough . My college didn't give me enough time as of learning difficulties . It was such as **** situation .
I waffled too because I knew finishing 15 mins was too early

Tbh if this one isn't successful I'm doing IGCSE in the summer .
Tbh if this one isn't successful I'm doing IGCSE in the summer .

IGCSE is the harder option
I really struggled too. This is the first time doing the new spec so I am not expecting to pass considering I have only had less then five weeks to learn it.
Question 5 was oaky but I will get a low spag mark as I am really bad at spag.
Original post by Hollyhop23
I really struggled too. This is the first time doing the new spec so I am not expecting to pass considering I have only had less then five weeks to learn it.
Question 5 was oaky but I will get a low spag mark as I am really bad at spag.

We're like in the same boat right now ! I found it to be so confusing .
We're like in the same boat right now ! I found it to be so confusing .

I can agree question 5 was the best for me , however question 2 and 4 were dreadful , no liguistic devices at all.
I found question 3 and 4 hard
2 I struggled to start with manged to find a rule of three and metaphor i think at least not sure if they were right/ explained well enough
Well good luck to you and your grade 9 . I will be lucky to get a 4 in the way this is heading out to be for me. All I can say is that my story was good
nice.
Mine was trash.
How did everyone find today's paper ?
Ok

Quick Reply