The Student Room Group

michael fallon just resigned ......

People are assuming this is down to the julia thing but surely its not as that would be very silly. I think theres somethings darker he's hiding that he wants to be kept under wraps. Thoughts?..

EDIT: Gavin Williamson named as successor

Scroll to see replies

It's the Julia thing.
Original post by generallee
It's the Julia thing.

but why would he resign over something so minor
Original post by Phil_mitchell
People are assuming this is down to the julia thing but surely its not as that would be very silly. I think theres somethings darker he's hiding that he wants to be kept under wraps. Thoughts?..

Prove it.
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
Prove it.

prove what?
prove what?

That he's resigned.

Ignore my last post- I've just seen a news article on it
Reply 7
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
That he's resigned.

He has resigned as Defense Sec (still a Tory MP though so no by-election or anything).

Interestingly it also emerged that Crabb was going to re-appointed when May became PM but he could not guarantee to the whips that there would be no further dirt.
Original post by Rakas21
He has resigned as Defense Sec (still a Tory MP though so no by-election or anything).

Interestingly it also emerged that Crabb was going to re-appointed when May became PM but he could not guarantee to the whips that there would be no further dirt.

I know that now, but I'm now wondering about what else they will find
but why would he resign over something so minor

He may have done similar things to other women. Almost certainly has.

But you were talking about something "darker." That implies rape or sexual assault a la Weinstein. Pus sy grabbing and the like.

He is very unpopular with the Brexiteers, they may have kicked him while he is down.

Damian Green is similarly hated by the Euro Sceptics and also under pressure.

Could be a coincidence, I suppose.
Original post by generallee
He may have done similar things to other women. Almost certainly has.

But you were talking about something "darker." That implies rape or sexual assault a la Weinstein. Pus sy grabbing and the like.

He is very unpopular with the Brexiteers, they may have kicked him while he is down.

Damian Green is similarly hated by the Euro Sceptics and also under pressure.

Could be a coincidence, I suppose.

I feel like its more than a coincidence but i guess only time will tell, what ever it is, its bound to come out.
Reply 11
Imagine his wife has given him some grief over kneegate. And they've just had to discipline a submarine commander for some underwater shenanigans. But wouldn't rule out there being worse scandal to come.
Good.

More likely he did something to upset May and so he "resigned" and we will almost certainly see him replaced by a loyalist in the morning, what has come out so far is not something to resign over and his letter sounded very "sign here please"

Fallon his sword

:lol:
Original post by Blue_Cow
Fallon his sword

:lol:

good one xD
Original post by Jammy Duel
More likely he did something to upset May and so he "resigned" and we will almost certainly see him replaced by a loyalist in the morning, what has come out so far is not something to resign over and his letter sounded very "sign here please"

Don't be absurd, the optics of this are terrible for May. There's more dirt to come. He's listed on the leaked dossier for his drunkeness, 'odd sexual penchants' and sexual relations with MP Mike Freer.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by MrDystopia
Good.

Ah! You look like a good candidate to explain some of the thinking behind calls for resignations and sackings for such behaviour.

Is any attempt to go out with/seduce/approach someone sexually a resignable/sackable offence?

If not, what is the threshold for a sacking?

Logically, shouldn't someone caught remain unemployed and unemployable thereafter?

Why resign/be sacked from a current job when the behaviour was perpetrated in a job many years ago?

Will such a person have to resign from the next job?

Having left one job for such behaviour, will there have to be a fresh resignation if further historical naughtiness is discovered.
(edited 6 years ago)
Putin must be rubbing his hands with glee... all of his plans to destabilize the free world are coming to fruition.
Original post by the bear
Putin must be rubbing his hands with glee... all of his plans to destabilize the free world are coming to fruition.

Being a despot has many benefits.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/meet-the-hidden-women-in-vladimir-putins-life/ar-BBA8WH2

It is really quite interesting to see how unfettered regressive liberalism is tearing the western world apart.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending