The Student Room Group

Hannah's A-Level GYG 2017-2018

So I've never done this before but I thought it seemed like a good idea to give me extra motivation to keep studying when I don't feel motivated.
I'll be updating this for my own sake so even if people don't follow along I'll be posting lol.

Currently:
I applied to university on UCAS on the 9th of October to the following universities:

Cambridge (eek)
Nottingham
York
Lancaster
Leeds

All for natural sciences (physical or maths/physics/chemistry)

So far I have received interviews at York and Leeds. York was on the 24th of October and Leeds will be on the 15th of November.
Both have said that if I attend I will be guaranteed a place which is amazing!

My grades so far:

AS:
Maths - A
FM - A
Physics - A
Chemistry - A

GCSE:
Maths, English Lit, Biology, Physics, Chemistry & Further Maths - A*
English Language, Drama, History, Law & Spanish - A

I'm predicted 4 A*s which I would obviously love to achieve but realistically I'm aiming for A*A*AA with one A* in maths and then the other probably in Chemistry.

I'll be posting (hopefully) all sorts including what I'm going to study that evening, and university application updates.

Feel free to follow my journey! (Or not lol I really don't mind)
(edited 6 years ago)
Post 1

I wasn't going to post until my admissions assessment was over but I thought I'd do a quick post anyway.
Tonight I am just working through last years NSAA paper, making sure I understand every question. If I get time I will do the same with the specification paper but I doubt I will.
Hey! I'm applying to Cambridge for NatSci too! What college are you going for? Will defo follow your GYG!! : )) Good Luck with your studies!!
(edited 6 years ago)
Omg I love your username!
I've applied to Churchill - what about you? I'm not sure how interesting this GYG will be but feel free to follow anyway aha. Thank you so much good luck to you too!!

Original post by AvogadrosAvocado
Hey! I'm applying to Cambridge for NatSci too! What college are you going for? Will defo follow your GYG!! : )) Good Luck with your studies!!
Ahhhh thanks!! i’ve applied to Caius!
I really liked Caius it was my second choice aha! Hope the NSAA went well today, keep me updated I’d love to here how your application goes!
Original post by AvogadrosAvocado
Ahhhh thanks!! i’ve applied to Caius!
Post 2

Just finished the NSAA, it was soooo difficult and I ran out of time on the multiple choice so I had to guess loads. Hopefully it doesn’t matter too much. I have a free period now so I’m aiming to do some D2 homework on the Hungarian Algorithm (fun!🙄)
Original post by astro-hannah
So I've never done this before but I thought it seemed like a good idea to give me extra motivation to keep studying when I don't feel motivated.
I'll be updating this for my own sake so even if people don't follow along I'll be posting lol.

Currently:
I applied to university on UCAS on the 9th of October to the following universities:

Cambridge (eek)
Nottingham
York
Lancaster
Leeds

All for natural sciences (physical or maths/physics/chemistry)

So far I have received interviews at York and Leeds. York was on the 24th of October and Leeds will be on the 15th of November.
Both have said that if I attend I will be guaranteed a place which is amazing!

My grades so far:

AS:
Maths - A
FM - A
Physics - A
Chemistry - A

GCSE:
Maths, English Lit, Biology, Physics, Chemistry & Further Maths - A*
English Language, Drama, History, Law & Spanish - A

I'm predicted 4 A*s which I would obviously love to achieve but realistically I'm aiming for A*A*AA with one A* in maths and then the other probably in Chemistry.

I'll be posting (hopefully) all sorts including what I'm going to study that evening, and university application updates.

Feel free to follow my journey! (Or not lol I really don't mind)

Good luck with your journey to Cambridge! :h:
Original post by Fox Corner
Good luck with your journey to Cambridge! :h:

Thank you so much! I need it aha 😜😬

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending