The Student Room Group

I would like to apoligse

This has something to do with my last post about parents. Now, I would like to apologise, as I see that some people have been offended or perhaps upset by the post. And for that I am sorry.
First and foremost, I would like to say that I have nothing but respect for parents, and did not intend for the post to be taken as an ungrateful rant. I commend parents, and totally respect them for taking on such a hard job. The point I was trying to make was that, although you should respect you parents and appreciate all that they do for you, you shouldn't think that you owe them something. And in fact, I asked this exact question to my mum, and she said, "no, kids don't owe their parents anything". So there.
Even if parents don't expect anything from us, it is our duty to give something back to them and make them happy when they get older. I am 16 years old now, and I have went through a lot of hardships in my life and my parents were there to support me and help me overcome those hardships.

3 weeks before GCSE, I broke my hand and fractured it. I thought that my whole GCSE's will go bad because of this. I was severely depressed during this time to an extent that I thought I was going to fail my exams. I wanted to do medicine so the fear was pretty my high. My parents were the ones who supported me and gave me confidence that it will be alright and here I am in Year 12, having achieved 3A*, 5A and 3B in my GCSE's. I remember on the day I broke my hand, I told my dad to take me to A&E to check my hand and he left what he was doing to take me to the A&E. Even during exams, my dad would always take me to school every day and would even cancel his shifts for me. I definetly should do something in return for them.

Sorry for getting emotional but your previous post states that parents always think you owe them something. Do you know what they what they want you to owe. The satisfaction that their son/daughter has succeeded in life. I do accept your apology and hope you have learnt something new.

Spoiler

Reply 2
Apology accepted
Original post by Asha_19
Apology accepted

Lol what happened
Reply 4
Original post by Salt Queen
Lol what happened

Well where do i start

Spoiler

Original post by 15vanan
This has something to do with my last post about parents. Now, I would like to apologise, as I see that some people have been offended or perhaps upset by the post. And for that I am sorry.
First and foremost, I would like to say that I have nothing but respect for parents, and did not intend for the post to be taken as an ungrateful rant. I commend parents, and totally respect them for taking on such a hard job. The point I was trying to make was that, although you should respect you parents and appreciate all that they do for you, you shouldn't think that you owe them something. And in fact, I asked this exact question to my mum, and she said, "no, kids don't owe their parents anything". So there.

Having read your other threads, I can understand why you may have made the post and I can see the struggle you are going through, which is clearly worser than mine. I would like to apologise as well since I replied without really understanding what was going on. Once again sorry.
Original post by Asha_19
Well where do i start

Spoiler

😂😂😂
Original post by Ukvoltaire
Even if parents don't expect anything from us, it is our duty to give something back to them and make them happy when they get older. I am 16 years old now, and I have went through a lot of hardships in my life and my parents were there to support me and help me overcome those hardships.

3 weeks before GCSE, I broke my hand and fractured it. I thought that my whole GCSE's will go bad because of this. I was severely depressed during this time to an extent that I thought I was going to fail my exams. I wanted to do medicine so the fear was pretty my high. My parents were the ones who supported me and gave me confidence that it will be alright and here I am in Year 12, having achieved 3A*, 5A and 3B in my GCSE's. I remember on the day I broke my hand, I told my dad to take me to A&E to check my hand and he left what he was doing to take me to the A&E. Even during exams, my dad would always take me to school every day and would even cancel his shifts for me. I definetly should do something in return for them.

Sorry for getting emotional but your previous post states that parents always think you owe them something. Do you know what they what they want you to owe. The satisfaction that their son/daughter has succeeded in life. I do accept your apology and hope you have learnt something new.

Spoiler

Aww that's so nice :smile:
Reply 8
Having read your other threads, I can understand why you may have made the post and I can see the struggle you are going through, which is clearly worser than mine. I would like to apologise as well since I replied without really understanding what was going on. Once again sorry.

It's okay, upon rereading my previous post about parents, I have seen how it could have been interpreted as ungrateful and disrespectful towards parents in general, and I understand why someone would get angry over that.
What. The. Hell???

What is happening?!

Original post by 15vanan
It's okay, upon rereading my previous post about parents, I have seen how it could have been interpreted as ungrateful and disrespectful towards parents in general, and I understand why someone would get angry over that.

Original post by JMR2017
Aww that's so nice :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by Bill Nye
What. The. Hell???

What is happening?!

What do you mean?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending