The Student Room Group

Rebound sex and getting back together...

My bf and i were dating for three years. We had hit a rough patch and he was going through a lot of stress at work and as a result wanted to go on a break but was definitely pushing towards break up (I think he just didn't have the balls to break it off completely) and so when I asked break or break up? He said it would be heading towards the latter and maybe that might be better... so we broke up and I was absolutely heart broken. One week later he regrets it and says he only wanted a break and not a break up (he doesn't deal well with stress and his automatic reaction is to push people away) so could we get back together and just go on a circa 3 month break. I said no (because I'm in my final year of university) but after I've graduated we could maybe go for a coffee and see how things went (thats over 9 months away).

2 months have now passed and I was still upset. My friends and family felt like I was holding onto something and should move on... so I went on a date and went home with him. I wasn't really into it and cried a lot after (just wanted it to be my ex bf). Now I am worried that if my bf and I ever do get back together he won't take me back now that I've slept with someone else... What do people think? Am I overthinking?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Now I am worried that if my bf and I ever do get back together he won't take me back now that I've slept with someone else... What do people think? Am I overthinking?

Do you think that, during your time apart, he will have slept with anyone else?

Could there be double standards at play here?
Reply 2
You do what makes you feel better and go with what makes you feel better. Don't make a choice that you'd regret for the rest of you life. At the end of the day it's your life so do what makes you happy.
Reply 3
Original post by Pigster
Do you think that, during your time apart, he will have slept with anyone else?

Could there be double standards at play here?

I don't know... His friends would want him to (because they are the typical 'lads'). Problem is that he works a lot and also lives at home with his mum and dad so its unlikely. But I really couldn't say for sure...
Reply 4
Original post by Asha_19
You do what makes you feel better and go with what makes you feel better. Don't make a choice that you'd regret for the rest of you life. At the end of the day it's your life so do what makes you happy.

Problem is is that my ex makes me happy, but I'm not risking my final year.... and I'm worried I've now risked us getting back together
Reply 5
Problem is is that my ex makes me happy, but I'm not risking my final year.... and I'm worried I've now risked us getting back together

Well if you're in your final year then don't be with no one you won't have stress from either way and that way you'll focus on studying.

Also if you're worried then you and him will have to have a adult talk and make a choice because we really can't tell you what to do.
Reply 6
Original post by Asha_19
Well if you're in your final year then don't be with no one you won't have stress from either way and that way you'll focus on studying.

Also if you're worried then you and him will have to have a adult talk and make a choice because we really can't tell you what to do.

Um I'm more asking whether I'm over reacting rather than what to do because the deed is done.. but yeah will see
Reply 7
Um I'm more asking whether I'm over reacting rather than what to do because the deed is done.. but yeah will see

Yeeeee over reacting you are I didn't want to be rude to say so. Like you said its done so tell him about him because you never know if he has or not...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending