The Student Room Group

This girl says she is in a relationship on fb but....

This girl has her fb saying she is in a relationship even posting a pic with her guy as her background pic but seems to be interested in me. Asks me lots of questions and has never mentioned to be about her bf. She asks me things like where do you live and what are your plans for the rest of the day that seem random and out of the blue! I like her. Should I ask her out?
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Is this a rhetorical thread? Obviously

No a serious thread. Maybe she wants an upgrade :smile:
Reply 2
her behaviour seems questionable.....if she's in a relationship, she shouldn't really be approaching other men..... i mean it seems kind of wrong.... but i don't know her situation so.....
Reply 3
Original post by Dani0322
her behaviour seems questionable.....if she's in a relationship, she shouldn't really be approaching other men..... i mean it seems kind of wrong.... but i don't know her situation so.....

She is young though and she has been with her bf for many years already. Think they met in middle high school. Maybe they are growing apart? She needs a change??
Original post by zill1
This girl has her fb saying she is in a relationship even posting a pic with her guy as her background pic but seems to be interested in me. Asks me lots of questions and has never mentioned to be about her bf. She asks me things like where do you live and what are your plans for the rest of the day that seem random and out of the blue! I like her. Should I ask her out?

Original post by Dani0322

Oh my days 🙄 no for the love of god don't ask her out. Ever heard of someone being friendly? I'm a girl and this sounds like she's just making conversation. If her Facebook page says she's in a relationship and there's even a photo of him and it says they've been together for a while - don't go there, how much more proof do you need? You can't just try and steal someone else's girl 😂 She's clearly still with him even if she hasn't mentioned him not all of us brag about who's arm we're attached to. Tbh I wouldn't even tell her you like her, most boyfriends are protective and it'll get you in a horrible mess if you do. @OP I'd steer well clear if I were you, and just remain friendly.
Honestly it just sounds like she's making conversation and being a friend. I ask my colleagues the same questions just to get to know them a bit more. Don't be that guy.
Reply 6
Its not like she is married. What if I am more suitable for her than her current bf?? After all they met when in highschool. People change over time.
Original post by zill1
Its not like she is married. What if I am more suitable for her than her current bf?? After all they met when in highschool. People change over time.

Respect boundaries you creep! Do you honestly think a woman wants you just because they're being friendly?
Reply 8
Original post by yudothis
Respect boundaries you creep! Do you honestly think a woman wants you just because they're being friendly?

Well.. This is the same guy who thought his dentist was flirting when she said she liked his teeth.
Original post by UWS
Well.. This is the same guy who thought his dentist was flirting when she said she liked his teeth.

What a creep. Sounds like a future rapist.
When she ditches you for someone more attractive, don't come crying
Don't ask her out, she's in a relationship. It doesn't sound like she's clear either way about interest in you, it could just be general friendliness?
"She asks me things like where do you live and what are your plans for the rest of the day that seem random and out of the blue!"
?????? That is called initiating conversation ma friend, maybe she has an awkward way of expressing herself. You're reading into it way too much. You can't ask someone out if they are in a relationship, that's just messy.
Original post by zill1

if she has a bf then no but if not go for it what ya going to lose ?
Reply 14
You guys don’t know me though. Haven’t you heard of stories where a girl leaves his fb for another guy?

What if I am a really hot guy?
Reply 15
Original post by zill1
You guys don’t know me though. Haven’t you heard of stories where a girl leaves his fb for another guy?

What if I am a really hot guy?

If she does that to her current bf, then how do you know she won't do the same to you? :rolleyes:
Reply 16
Original post by UWS
If she does that to her current bf, then how do you know she won't do the same to you? :rolleyes:

May the best man win - that is my philosophy.

It’s not like i’m Proposing to her. Just making her mine gf. If she wants to leave for a better man then so be it.
Reply 17
Original post by zill1
May the best man win - that is my philosophy.

It’s not like i’m Proposing to her. Just making her mine gf. If she wants to leave for a better man then so be it.

It sounds like you don't know what you want. To me it seems like you want a shallow girlfriend who will leave you for an upgrade.
Reply 18
Original post by UWS
It sounds like you don't know what you want. To me it seems like you want a shallow girlfriend who will leave you for an upgrade.

No, I like her. Think that she might be compatible with me. Also think she likes me as well as she clearly is leading me on. Also i am not an ordinary guy when it comes to woman. In general girls love me - said from experience. She would be a lucky girl to have me I think.
Reply 19
Practically speaking,

' She says no - you get rejected, possibly in a humiliating way.
' She says yes - you were wrong and don't like her
' She says yes - you get sex
' She says yes - you live in fear of her doing the same
' She says yes - you discover she's a nutcase who leads people on all the time

Now, if the sex is good,

' You get good sex
' You live in fear she may take it away from you at any time

If the sex is bad,

' You put in a lot of effort for nothing
' You broke up a relationship for nothing

Quick Reply

Latest