The Student Room Group

Likelihood of an unconditional if I missed a grade?

I missed one grade for the entry requirements, what are the chances of recieving an unconditional offer? Will an early application with a good personal statement help enough? As well as high predicted grades?
Original post by Consectatrix
I missed one grade for the entry requirements, what are the chances of recieving an unconditional offer? Will an early application with a good personal statement help enough? As well as high predicted grades?

all depends on the university itself
Original post by claireestelle
all depends on the university itself

well for my choices it's ABBB for all of them except for one, which is BBBB, I got ABBC, kind of worried that I've ruined my chances, that C sticks out like a sore thumb
well for my choices it's ABBB for all of them except for one, which is BBBB, I got ABBC, kind of worried that I've ruined my chances, that C sticks out like a sore thumb

Unconditional offers in that sense are more like a marketing tool to convince you to go there so it's possible to get them but I wouldn't rely on it .
Original post by claireestelle
Unconditional offers in that sense are more like a marketing tool to convince you to go there so it's possible to get them but I wouldn't rely on it .

do I still have a chance? In general I mean. It's for software engineering and I'm not sure if it's competitve and difficult to get into but I think it most likely would be
Why exactly are you hoping for an unconditional? Surely you just need another B in the highers you're taking in S6?
do I still have a chance? In general I mean. It's for software engineering and I'm not sure if it's competitve and difficult to get into but I think it most likely would be

No one on here can give you a answer to that, it is completely up to the admissions department of the uni you apply to
to be honest I got the definitions around the wrong way lol. And yes I do just need another B, but I am wanting to send my application early and am worried they will completely reject it because I haven't met the entry requirements on the first sitting. I meant conditional
to be honest I got the definitions around the wrong way lol. And yes I do just need another B, but I am wanting to send my application early and am worried they will completely reject it because I haven't met the entry requirements on the first sitting. I meant conditional

Most places and courses dont care about the all in one sitting rule (except top unis and courses like medicine)
Original post by madmadmax321
Most places and courses dont care about the all in one sitting rule (except top unis and courses like medicine)

So if I potentially (hopefully) come out with 3 As and 2 Bs plus advanced higher maths at AB after exam time then I shouldn't need to worry? I understand it's up to the university but if it's above requirements including a relevant AH then they wont overlook it at all? sorry for the continuous questions lol just very anxious about the whole process
So if I potentially (hopefully) come out with 3 As and 2 Bs plus advanced higher maths at AB after exam time then I shouldn't need to worry? I understand it's up to the university but if it's above requirements including a relevant AH then they wont overlook it at all? sorry for the continuous questions lol just very anxious about the whole process

As long as you get within 1 grade of the offer it is normally fine (except for competitive courses and top 5 unis)

For the most part you are a customer to the uni and they want to fill as many of the places they have available as possible, hence why even people who dont meet the entry requirements they ask for get in (and a lot of unis inflate what they want vs what they actually will take)
Original post by madmadmax321
As long as you get within 1 grade of the offer it is normally fine (except for competitive courses and top 5 unis)

For the most part you are a customer to the uni and they want to fill as many of the places they have available as possible, hence why even people who dont meet the entry requirements they ask for get in (and a lot of unis inflate what they want vs what they actually will take)

okay, thankyou so much for taking the time to reply to my questions:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending