The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

University of Portsmouth Applicants - 2018

Are you looking to study at the University of Portsmouth and live in one of the most exciting cities in the UK? Then this is the thread to watch!

You'll be able to meet fellow applicants and chat during the application process.

You can get the ball rolling by filling in the following information about yourself and posting it on the thread:

Name:
Predicted grades:
Also applying to:

Good luck with your university applications.

About me

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cubone-r
Are you looking to study at the University of Portsmouth and live in one of the most exciting cities in the UK? Then this is the thread to watch!

You'll be able to meet fellow applicants and chat during the application process.

You can get the ball rolling by filling in the following information about yourself and posting it on the thread:

Name:
Predicted grades:
Also applying to:

Good luck with your university applications.

About me

Spoiler

Name: Shahryar
Course: Accounting and Finance
Predicted grades: AAB
Also applying to: Liverpool, UEA
Is Portsmouth uni good for Accounting with Finance, and overall?
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Original post by Wishful thinking
Name: Shahryar
Course: Accounting and Finance
Predicted grades: AAB
Also applying to: Liverpool, UEA
Is Portsmouth uni good for Accounting with Finance, and overall?

Hi Shahryar
So sorry that I missed your post! Are you still interested in Portsmouth?
I'm happy to get one of our students to talk to you about Accounting and Finance if you like?
Is there anything else you would like to know about?

Alex
Hi Alex, yes of course. Let me have his/her name and phone number and let me know what time I can call tomorrow (Friday)
Hi Alex, yes of course. Let me have his/her name and phone number and let me know what time I can call tomorrow (Friday)

I can get them to private message you via your profile as we can't give out phone numbers. Is that ok?
Sure! Thanks
Sure! Thanks

Great, I've dropped them an email and will let you know once they've come back to me. It may not be until tomorrow now.
It might be useful to think of some questions in advance to ask them so they can reply all in one comment.

Alex
Will do; thanks once again
Reply 8
Name: Partap
Course: Bsc Marketing
Also applying to Oxford Brookes, NTU, Hertfordshire, Essex

Hi, I just have some questions, I have only ever been Portsmouth once and that was for Gunwharf shopping centre:h:, other than that I didn't really get to see much else of the city, what is it like as general experience, is it ethnically diverse? Crime rate? Nightlife? Jobs for students? I am particularly interested now because I applied and in fact did receive an offer to the University. Any general information about the university and the area would be appreciated:smile:
Original post by Nawf01

Hi, I just have some questions, I have only ever been Portsmouth once and that was for Gunwharf shopping centre:h:, other than that I didn't really get to see much else of the city, what is it like as general experience, is it ethnically diverse? Crime rate? Nightlife? Jobs for students? I am particularly interested now because I applied and in fact did receive an offer to the University. Any general information about the university and the area would be appreciated:smile:

Hi Partap

I will see if one of our Marketing students is free to chat. I will let you know when they come back to me.
You may find this thread from a recent graduate really helpful.

Alex
Name: Lois
Course: Sociology
Predicted grades: BBB
Also applying to: Bristol, Aston, Lancaster, Sheffield

I'm fairly confident I'll get an offer as I meet the entry requirements but nonetheless a good uni and for my course too :smile:
Original post by Nawf01

Hi Partap,

I’m currently studying at Portsmouth and it is brilliant here! The nightlife is great, there’s something for everyone and a bunch of night clubs to choose from. And if you’re not into that then there’s plenty of musics venues and theatres or pubs with open stages etc. I found a job within my first month and really love it and I know there’s usually jobs going at most of the supermarkets (of which there are many!). As far as I’m aware it’s a pretty ethnically diverse place, particularly within the university itself. I don’t know about the crime rate but I think it depends on where you’re living in the city! I would definitely recommend studying here - I love it and wouldn’t trade it for anything. I’m happy to answer any other questions you have!!

Amy :smile:
Reply 12
Will be going to an open day in a few weeks! Looking forward to seeing what the uni/course is like!
Original post by JJWood
Will be going to an open day in a few weeks! Looking forward to seeing what the uni/course is like!

I loved the open day - it really sold the uni for me! If you have time take a look around the city, areas like Southsea where you may spend a lot of time - there’s some lovely coffee shops in this area. Definitely worth looking and getting a feel for the city as well as the uni
Reply 14
Original post by AThomson08
I loved the open day - it really sold the uni for me! If you have time take a look around the city, areas like Southsea where you may spend a lot of time - there’s some lovely coffee shops in this area. Definitely worth looking and getting a feel for the city as well as the uni

That's great to hear thank you! I'll definitely have a look around the city if there's time.
Original post by UoP InfoCentre
Great, I've dropped them an email and will let you know once they've come back to me. It may not be until tomorrow now.
It might be useful to think of some questions in advance to ask them so they can reply all in one comment.

Alex

Hi Alex, I didn't hear from your Accounting and Finance student ...
Hi Alex, I didn't hear from your Accounting and Finance student ...

Morning!!
My student hasn't got back to me, so I've chased again!

Sorry for the delay.

Alex
Name: Georgia
Course: Television and Broadcasting
Predicted grades: ABC
Also applying to: Salford, Bournemouth, Gloucestershire, Winchester

Does anyone have any tips of Interviews? :smile: I've been invited to one in December and I want to be as prepared as possible. Thanks!
Reply 18
Name - Jennifer
Location - Buckinghamshire
Course - Geography
Predicted Grades - BBB
Also applying to - UWE, Plymouth, Bath Spa and Winchester.

Received an unconditional offer if I put it as my firm choice. :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Name: Zoë
Course: Film Production
Predicted Grades: D*D*D* (Level 3 course)
Also applying to: Falmouth, Lincoln and Southampton Solent
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest