The Student Room Group

3rd year of a levels, can I get into a top Russell group uni

I wanted to study law since gcse, but my results weren’t amazing, really average:
3B (double science, English) 7C (maths)
Due these results I was offered to study: Business, law and history, and I took A level maths privately (open study). At the end of AS I had achieved:
Maths - A (96%) history - A (other two were BTECS)

Suddenly I went from a C grade in maths gcse to an A at a level. This was mainly because a week before my gcse exams a very close relative had passed away, but still before that I was mainly getting grade B with the odd A. I then had the opportunity to study maths at school If I dropped history as they were in the same block. I also had the opportunity to study AS further maths if I dropped business.

So for A2 I was studying: A2 maths, AS further math and A2 law. This summer I achieved an A* in maths (94%) and an D* in law, I also got an A* in the EPQ and an A in further math (AS)
Now present day I am studying A2 further maths, and because of my timetable being practically empty (only 4 periods a week, one period a day is 2 hours) I am studying AS and A2 physics in one year. It’s going good so far but I’m only one week in.

To summarise:
A2: Maths, law, EPQ A*
AS: maths, further math - A
And I am currently studying A2 further maths and fast track physics. So clearly it’s been a heck of a ride! Can I still study engineering (aerospace, mechanical) at a top Russell group uni. Sorry for the long post thanks!!!!!
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
.bb
Original post by Raj09
I wanted to study law since gcse, but my results weren’t amazing, really average:
3B (double science, English) 7C (maths)
Due these results I was offered to study: Business, law and history, and I took A level maths privately (open study). At the end of AS I had achieved:
Maths - A (96%) history - A (other two were BTECS)

Suddenly I went from a C grade in maths gcse to an A at a level. This was mainly because a week before my gcse exams a very close relative had passed away, but still before that I was mainly getting grade B with the odd A. I then had the opportunity to study maths at school If I dropped history as they were in the same block. I also had the opportunity to study AS further maths if I dropped business.

So for A2 I was studying: A2 maths, AS further math and A2 law. This summer I achieved an A* in maths (94%) and an D* in law, I also got an A* in the EPQ and an A in further math (AS)
Now present day I am studying A2 further maths, and because of my timetable being practically empty (only 4 periods a week, one period a day is 2 hours) I am studying AS and A2 physics in one year. It’s going good so far but I’m only one week in.

To summarise:
A2: Maths, law, EPQ A*
AS: maths, further math - A
And I am currently studying A2 further maths and fast track physics. So clearly it’s been a heck of a ride! Can I still study engineering (aerospace, mechanical) at a top Russell group uni. Sorry for the long post thanks!!!!!

Studying Maths, Further Maths and Physics will definitely mean the doors to top Engineering Universities are open to you. That's quite a lot of changes too lol.

Quick Reply

Latest