The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lkotecha09
Hey, is anyone planning on studying dentistry in the UK in 2019?

yep. i am
Original post by 00sevenmagic
yep. i am

Awesome! which university are you planning on going to and what a levels are you doing?
Awesome! which university are you planning on going to and what a levels are you doing?

Probably Bristol. Doing bio, chem and maths
Probably Bristol. Doing bio, chem and maths

Cool, i would like to go to kings college london, i'm doing chem, bio and business
Cool, i would like to go to kings college london, i'm doing chem, bio and business

Nice. Thats one of the best/hardest to get in to. whats your stats?
Nice. Thats one of the best/hardest to get in to. whats your stats?

Yeah ahhha, otherwise I would like to go to bristol/leeds/Queen's
I am predicted all A's, wbu

what exam boards are you doing for chem/bio? I am doing edexcel chemistry (2015 spec) and Edexcel biology B (2015 spec).
Yeah ahhha, otherwise I would like to go to bristol/leeds/Queen's
I am predicted all A's, wbu

what exam boards are you doing for chem/bio? I am doing edexcel chemistry (2015 spec) and Edexcel biology B (2015 spec).

Ocr bio. edexcel chem. what was your gcses?
Ocr bio. edexcel chem. what was your gcses?

cool, how do you find chemistry?
i did business, economics, triple science, drama, computer science, spanish, maths, english lang and english lit

i got 4a's and 6b's
mE
I want to study dentistry in 2019 too!
im retaking year 12 but thinking to apply for 2019 dentistry.
stats:
2A* 7A GCSE
Predicted AAA for a levels (Bio chem psychology).

retaking year 12 as i failed as maths and didnt enjoy it, so changed to psychology.
Reply 12
Hiii what kind of work experience has everyone got??
Reply 13
Hi! I'll be applying to Dentistry as Graduate-Entry, I have terrible GCSE's and A-Levels but I have a First in Biomedical Science so hopefully, that will be taken into consideration!How are you all preparing for the UKCAT? Also what experience have you all got and would recommend? I've always found that shadowing isn't a great use of time...
Original post by rm.25
Hiii what kind of work experience has everyone got??

Hey,
I've got hospital experience and experience in a dental practice.
Reply 15
Hey,
I've got hospital experience and experience in a dental practice.

How many weeks have you got in total?
do you reckon i would get in a good uni with a sufficient amount of work experience, gcses at - Maths - 5, English lit - 6, English lang - 6, Core science - B, additional science - A, Geography - B, French - C, Computing - C, Graphics - C, and probably retaking maths this year and expecting to get a 7 or 8 atleast?
(edited 6 years ago)
HI guys
i would also like to study dentistry, currently year 12 currently doing chem bio geog and econ
i got 3A* 7A and 2Bs at GCSE
Im slightly put off though due to my sister being rejected from studying dentistry at uni
Ametree if you have found shadowing a wastrbof time you're doing it wrong. As a graduate you should be able to realise what you need to get out of it.
Hi guys, I’m year 13 and have applied to dentistry this year. Received interviews for all my unis and have done 3 interviews so far. Happy to help anyone who needs any advice!!

Latest