The Student Room Group

Sports teacher bullies me?

So my sports teacher absolutely detestes me. She constantly yells at me and is horrible to me, once I forgot me kit and she yelled for 10 minutes straight and this made me in tears (I’m already a self harmer and they’re not supposed to tell me of). I was clearly trying my best, as hard as I could and she still criticised me, and humiliated me in front of the class. I’ve got so scared that I can’t even look her in the eye anymore (even when passing in corridor etc). She’s used to be my form tutor (2 years ago) and on a residential trip I couldn’t do one activity and it felt like she was yelling at me but she was also nice (back then) but is awful to me now. I don’t know if she bullies me or not, I think she wanted to slap me a few times. What should I do?
Original post by ChasingStars26
So my sports teacher absolutely detestes me. She constantly yells at me and is horrible to me, once I forgot me kit and she yelled for 10 minutes straight and this made me in tears (I’m already a self harmer and they’re not supposed to tell me of). I was clearly trying my best, as hard as I could and she still criticised me, and humiliated me in front of the class. I’ve got so scared that I can’t even look her in the eye anymore (even when passing in corridor etc). She’s used to be my form tutor (2 years ago) and on a residential trip I couldn’t do one activity and it felt like she was yelling at me but she was also nice (back then) but is awful to me now. I don’t know if she bullies me or not, I think she wanted to slap me a few times. What should I do?

Talk to your school's pastoral team.

I'm going to generalize hugely here, but every **** teacher I've seen in my previous schools were PE teachers. If it's any consolation, just think how miserable their own personal life must be if they resort to humiliating children in front of their peers in an environment that they have absolute control over for pleasure. Cowards.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by ChasingStars26

Talk to your tutor :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Blue_Cow

I'm going to generalize hugely here, but every **** teacher I've seen in my previous schools were PE teachers. If it's any consolation, just think how miserable their own personal life must be if they resort to humiliating children in front of their peers in an environment that they have absolute control over. Cowards.

+1 PE teachers are insecure about their subject so they try to force it down your throat with anger (from my experience)
Reply 4
Hey.
God, I've had loads of these teachers in the past.. But if it's so bad, talk to a teacher you can trust or one that you like and tell them about it.
If I was you, I would see what other ppl think about this teacher and if their opinions are similar, you should all go down and report off her.

It's clear that her actions are hurting you and I'm sure your not wrong, teachers will take some form of action. I had a really bad teacher who literally didn't teach me for 2 years and then marked my course work just before my GCSEs and wanted me to do it all again in 2 weeks! She still sort of looks at me and it feels like she still hates me but the whole class went through the same thing.. Now she isn't my teacher and has nothing to do with me.. So basically, just be patient or try to report off her to a good teacher.
Original post by ᒍack
Talk to your tutor :smile:

Thanks, I will mention it to her and see how it goes 🤞
Original post by Sarahk12
Hey.
God, I've had loads of these teachers in the past.. But if it's so bad, talk to a teacher you can trust or one that you like and tell them about it.
If I was you, I would see what other ppl think about this teacher and if their opinions are similar, you should all go down and report off her.

It's clear that her actions are hurting you and I'm sure your not wrong, teachers will take some form of action. I had a really bad teacher who literally didn't teach me for 2 years and then marked my course work just before my GCSEs and wanted me to do it all again in 2 weeks! She still sort of looks at me and it feels like she still hates me but the whole class went through the same thing.. Now she isn't my teacher and has nothing to do with me.. So basically, just be patient or try to report off her to a good teacher.

I’ll have to tell them and see how it goes
Original post by Blue_Cow

I'm going to generalize hugely here, but every **** teacher I've seen in my previous schools were PE teachers. If it's any consolation, just think how miserable their own personal life must be if they resort to humiliating children in front of their peers in an environment that they have absolute control over for pleasure. Cowards.

Original post by ᒍack
+1 PE teachers are insecure about their subject so they try to force it down your throat with anger (from my experience)

PE teachers tended to be the most aggressive at least verbally in my experience.
Original post by KingHarold
PE teachers tended to be the most aggressive at least verbally in my experience.

Most other sports teachers are nice, it’s just this one. I’m really bad at sports (all) and the others are nice, her girlfriend even the strict ones. Her girlfriend pulled me aside when I was crying in sports, same with the others but she’d just ignore me. The thing is I requested to be in the smaller group and she runs the smaller group and I don’t wanna go to the bigger group, but don’t wanna get bullies either

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending