The Student Room Group

The unlogic of the liberal left

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Airplanebee2
You know what, for the purposes of identifying the conditions, it really doesn’t matter where this equality culture originated.

All that matters is that it is there. The theory of how it operates and liberal illogic is still the same
No matter where we say it originated e.g. white people can be racist but black people cant be racist.

what does this have to do with the fall of the Sasanian Empire or the Mongols? :bird:
Original post by Palmyra
They weakened each other over decades then allied as they both found themselves under a greater threat, then both suffered great losses which changed the course of history

a truly tragic tale

The Mongol Empire's sudden halt in Europe is another historical gem, do you know much about it?

Can't say I do, please go on. Though would I be right in guessing the Black Death played a part?
Original post by anarchism101
Can't say I do, please go on. Though would I be right in guessing the Black Death played a part?

I think there is an interesting argument about the Mongol's 'biological warfare' tactics contributing to the spread of the Black Death, but I don't think I've seen that posited as a reason for their retreat from Europe.

I find it interesting because it marked the first substantial failure of the Mongols who had previously ravaged large parts of Asia (and at their peak had the second largest empire in history), and then replicated this success in East/South Europe in 13C. For reasons not clear today, their conquest suddenly halted and they withdrew from Europe. The most commonly cited reason for this is some strange ritual whereby the Great Khan had died of a heart-attack, so the Mongols had to return to Mongolia to elect their next leader, then were never able to repeat their successes in 14C, but this is contentious.

It's fascinating because it shows how close (Western) Europe potentially came to having an entirely different history. The more you study it the less likely it seems that the Mongols could have conquered Western Europe, but the events are fascinating nonetheless. :tongue:
Original post by JamesN88
Would you seriously expect to keep your job if you got busted doing this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41794625

I hear worse banter every day than that at work, literally every day. Common jokes like “show me on the doll where he touched you”. That’s what normal people do. Oooooooo how terrible.

In Canada recently at a university someone put up a bunch of posters the said “it’s ok to be white”. The university called the police and claimed it’s a racist incident.

http://www.metronews.ca/news/edmonton/2017/10/31/pro-white-message-taped-to-native-studies-building-day-after-racist-pumpkin-incident.html

And only a day after the racist pumpkin incident. Ooooooooo Go figure that one out.

Thant it’s completely sick behaviours cloaking that it’s not ok to be ok to be white. Sick brainwashed people. It’s the brainwashed PC people that need therapy. They literally like brainwashed zombies.
(edited 6 years ago)
I hear worse banter every day than that at work, literally every day. Common jokes like “show me on the doll where he touched you”. That’s what normal people do. Oooooooo how terrible.

In Canada recently at a university someone put up a bunch of posters the said “it’s ok to be white”. The university called the police and claimed it’s a racist incident.

Thant it’s completely sick behaviours cloaking that it’s not ok to be ok to be white. Sick brainwashed people. It’s the brainwashed PC people that need therapy. They literally like brainwashed zombies.

What he said depends on the context, it could be banter or creepy as ****. I meant sending your (taxpayer funded) secretary to buy sex toys.
What he said depends on the context, it could be banter or creepy as ****. I meant sending your (taxpayer funded) secretary to buy sex toys.

Well there is a trend in my workplace to say the most inflammatory and creepy things especially to people including the (shatter like glass supposedly) women and people just find it funny like “I’d offer it if you were 19 and had a twin sister and were both lesbians”. No one is phased.

oooooooooooo how awful

How about making some “it’s OK to be white t-shirts” - would to be arrested for a hate crime?
(edited 6 years ago)
Well there is a trend in my workplace to say the most inflammatory and creepy things especially to people including the (shatter like glass supposedly) women and people just find it funny

oooooooooooo how awful

Like I said, I meant the secretary who's paid via everyone's tax-dollars running errands for his "hobbies".

It seems like you're trawling world news to feed your own victim complex tbh.
Like I said, I meant the secretary who's paid via everyone's tax-dollars running errands for his "hobbies".

It seems like you're trawling world news to feed your own victim complex tbh.

It’s maybe a little bit embarrassing but really not the end of the world. If she wasn’t comfortable with that she could have just told him that she doesn’t want to get involved. It doesn’t need to be the deal of the century.

I have a victim complex. How dare I be offended at the suggestion that I can’t be happy to be white. One is either brainwashed on has a victim complex nothing else! 🐣

(edited 6 years ago)
It’s maybe a little bit embarrassing but really not the end of the world. If she wasn’t comfortable with that she could have just told him that she doesn’t want to get involved. It doesn’t need to be the deal of the century.

I have a victim complex. How dare I be offended at the suggestion that I can’t be happy to be white. On is either brainwashed on has a victim complex nothing else! 🐣

Come again?
Come again?

Well what you are saying if that one has to behave like these nutty people who call the police over a posted that says “it’s OK to white”.

If you don’t behave like those nutty people and call it out for being nutty then you must have a victim complex - you and several other people have implied.
Well what you are saying if that one has to behave like these nutty people who call the police over a posted that says “it’s OK to white”.

If you don’t behave like those nutty people and call it out for being nutty then you must have a victim complex - you and several other people have implied.

Calling the police is pathetic, equally as pathetic is the idiot who put the sign there in the first place(bearing in mind the historical background re the First Nations and their suffering at the hands of Europeans it's an obvious attempt at provocation).

And yes this obsession with obscure events is a victim complex. You sound like an upper-middle class feminist who's convinced themselves they're oppressed and are desperately trying to convince others.
Calling the police is pathetic, equally as pathetic is the idiot who put the sign there in the first place(bearing in mind the historical background re the First Nations and their suffering at the hands of Europeans it's an obvious attempt at provocation).

And yes this obsession with obscure events is a victim complex. You sound like an upper-middle class feminist who's convinced themselves they're oppressed and are desperately trying to convince others.

Not really, I am just discussing an ideology that I find on the one side nauseating and on the other extreme, down right dangerous and akin to dangerous brainwashing - jailing people for offensiveness statements. It’s like this country has gone down the toilet in terms of freedom of speech and we have the thought crime police.
Not really, I am just discussing an ideology that I find on the one side nauseating and on the other extreme, down right dangerous and akin to dangerous brainwashing - jailing people for offensiveness statements. It’s like this country has gone down the toilet in terms of freedom of speech and we have the thought crime police.

It's a good thing that the ideology you speak about doesn't exist outside of internet forums.
Original post by Bornblue
It's a good thing that the ideology you speak about doesn't exist outside of internet forums.

Really, so why were pedophile grooming gangs of an ethnic minority allowed to carry out of fear of being called racist on but Westminster men targeted for some big nothing burger like brushing against someone?

Do you think it might be that most people can’t detect their ideology because they are in it?

Really, so why were pedophile grooming gangs of an ethnic minority allowed to carry out of fear of being called racist on but Westminster men targeted for some big nothing burger like brushing against someone?

Do you think it might be that most people can’t detect their ideology because they are in it?

Are you really using an Alex Jones video to back your point up?

Really?

Really?

Not to back up my point, my point backs up itself, you know why? I haven’t written anything that isn’t a fact.

Its a side point. Large parts of the population are living in unreality if you take empiricism and objectivity to be reality.

Evil man in the White House wants to enforce the laws and not do illegal things.
(edited 6 years ago)

Really?

Just when things couldn't get more absurd. :lol:

Such a reasonable man.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Dez
We're talking about crime in general here, not terrorist attacks.

Hence why I attached the stats from SOCTA. Nothing to do with terrorism.

That's not what I said. I'm talking about rate of violent crime from these supposed groups, which as I already mentioned is completely irrelevant when it comes to validating or refuting the ideology associated to them.

I've already posted data from the Home Office backing up this claim. The rate of hate crime within England and Wales alone is over 100 per day, if you were to look at statistics worldwide, or even just in Europe, you would see that there is plenty of race/religion-motivated criminal acts to go around.

"We're talking about crime in general here, not terrorist attacks."

Hence why I attached the stats from SOCTA. Nothing to do with terrorism.

As I said, hate crime reporting isn't the same as hate crime convictions. Convictions have gone down. The police themselves, as well as the ONS, confirm that reporting has gone up because the methods of being able to report have become easier.

In days of old Universities were places of debate - you're living proof that safe spaces are an affront to learning. The evidence is available, but your feelings come first. That isn't how life works. Educate yourself.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

Such a reasonable man.

Well Hillary Clinton has called out Alex Jones by name many times for saying he helped the Trump victory significantly. So for this reason you can’t call him ineffective.

Someone can go and write a bunch of books to challenge the ideology and call out its mistruths. The book is labelled as nonsense and pseudoscience before anyone has even read it. (Let’s take Alexander Dugin’s - ThIs Fourth Political Theory for example)

Only a few off beat people will read them and and they will collect dust at the back of libraries. People want to be lied to. They always have, they always will.

The people who are most effective in non-violently making ideological change are people like Alex Jones, comics and showmen who create memes and entertainment displays.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending