The Student Room Group

Fat people?

There are number of "Plus-size" models in the industry and there are protests to respect fat people. Question is do fat people really deserve equal respect to someone who is average weight? I am not including fat people who do may not be able to reduce their weight due to problems.

Scroll to see replies

I respect those with conditions which restrain them from losing weight, which I know some people who have extremely low metabolism, so it is hard for them to lose weight.

However, I cannot stand fat people who demand the same respect as an average weight person, just because they're too f***ing lazy to do something about.
Reply 2
Original post by RickiestRick
I respect those with conditions which restrain them from losing weight, which I know some people who have extremely low metabolism, so it is hard for them to lose weight.

However, I cannot stand fat people who demand the same respect as an average weight person, just because they're too f***ing lazy to do something about.

I agree
Original post by Seungy_Han
Question is do fat people really deserve equal respect to someone who is average weight?

What do you mean by 'respect'? I don't see what weight has to do with it.
Reply 4
Original post by RogerOxon
What do you mean by 'respect'? I don't see what weight has to do with it.

Have you been living in a cave?
Reply 5

Regardless of their weight, they are human beings. Why does extra weight mean less human rights?
Original post by helalaxo
Regardless of their weight, they are human beings. Why does extra weight mean less human rights?

I didn't realise that respect, a human emotion / movement that we have for each other, was a human right?

It shows that they're lazy and idle, and I want nothing to do with them sort of people.
Have you been living in a cave?

Do you look down on cave-dwellers too?!
Reply 8
I didn't realise that respect, a human emotion / movement that we have for each other, was a human right?

It shows that they're lazy and idle, and I want nothing to do with them sort of people.

That's the stupidest thing I have heard all day. And you are clearly one of the reasons why many receive such backlash and hatred.
Respect has nothing to do with size. But with their attitude, and how they handle.
Respect is defined as "a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements."
Tell me where size is included

Are you too "lazy and idle" to get 100% on every exam?
How about to win an Olympic gold medal?
That's the stupidest thing I have heard all day. And you are clearly one of the reasons why many receive such backlash and hatred.
Respect has nothing to do with size. But with their attitude, and how they handle.
Respect is defined as "a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements."
Tell me where size is included

You deduce size to be due to laziness and idleness, one of their qualities. I can explain the biology to it for you if you want.
You deduce size to be due to laziness and idleness, one of their qualities. I can explain the biology to it for you if you want.

You realise that it can be genetic, such as having a slow metabolism. That is inherited from birth. That's some biology for you :smile:
You realise that it can be genetic, such as having a slow metabolism. That is inherited from birth. That's some biology for you :smile:

I don't think you read the top properly
Original post by RogerOxon
Are you too "lazy and idle" to get 100% on every exam?
How about to win an Olympic gold medal?

How is winning a gold medal a equal achievement to losing body fat?
Lay off the chubbsters! :angry:
I don't think you read the top properly

You having a slow metabolism doesn't mean you are unable to lose weight. Someone suffering Polycystic ovary syndrome for example is.
You having a slow metabolism doesn't mean you are unable to lose weight. Someone suffering Polycystic ovary syndrome for example is.

I just don't think people who are fat and don't feel the need to lose weight. It's not like a discrimination thing. Its just that they are fat and we all know that being fat is unhealthy. They are lazy and want to whole society to change their pespective just because they are lazy.
As I am not including the people who may not be able to lose weight due to genetic problems or just disabled.
How is winning a gold medal a (sic) equal achievement to losing body fat?

It's arbitrary, just as your decision that someone being (what you class as) fat should be linked to how much respect they deserve.

You have decided that people that you class as fat, don't deserve the same level of respect as other people. Either you're a troll, or not a very nice person.

How much body fat does someone need to lose to merit your respect (not that it appears to be worth anything)?
Does someone who has gained and lost a huge amount get more respect that someone that didn't gain any?

Do you get 100% in every exam? Should I respect you less, without even knowing you, if you don't?

Do you know the reasons behind everyone you call fat being so?
(edited 6 years ago)
You're not allowed to hate black people anymore so you need a new group to hate?
The size of someone has no relevance to the amount of respect they deserve. Your respect, not that it means much to anyone with your values, should be based on a person's character and personalit- not how they look.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending