The Student Room Group

GCSE business controlled assessment

Hey there I’m doing my controlled assessment on repeat purchases and need some help and was wondering how to lay it out and any tips to score full marks . My chosen business is a women’s only gym , so I know I could consider : location, quality of gym equipment , customer service & etc.. I just need some guidance on how to get the high end marks and possibly some pointers of what I could include .
Thankyou .
Hey I did the same just make sure there’s things like a content and a page at the back where u got your information from such as books or google
Also make sure u explain every point even if you feel like you’re rambling
If you do graphs label them for what everything means ( it’s honestly all the little things like that that count)
Maybe include if the gym is cost effective and if people are getting their money’s Worth
Do questionnaires for the customers about all your points aka customer service quality etc and make sure you have all sorts of evidence to back up points such as primary secondary evidence
Good luck :smile:)
In a brief - this is because I would be here forever! You get a lot of marks for the set out, so making sure photos are captioned, titles are clear and underlined, photos are decent sizes, font size etc. They like photos, and make sure you organise it all in sections, so have categories in which you want to include. Add quotes from the people who work there - I made questionnaires for the people who visited and for the people who worked there I supplied an interview. I took a few days to go in and collect the information and started to create graphs. Make sure to include the question at the top and give an introduction to the business. If you need any more pointers then let me know as I can go in a lot more detail! I got a B in this! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by whitneeyle
In a brief - this is because I would be here forever! You get a lot of marks for the set out, so making sure photos are captioned, titles are clear and underlined, photos are decent sizes, font size etc. They like photos, and make sure you organise it all in sections, so have categories in which you want to include. Add quotes from the people who work there - I made questionnaires for the people who visited and for the people who worked there I supplied an interview. I took a few days to go in and collect the information and started to create graphs. Make sure to include the question at the top and give an introduction to the business. If you need any more pointers then let me know as I can go in a lot more detail! I got a B in this! :smile:

Wow thank you so much for this it’s so useful my write begins tomorrow I’m so nervous. We are only writing for 10 minutes . I really want to get a high grade in the controlled assessment so I don’t have to stress for the exams too much
Reply 4
Original post by Foreverconfu
Hey I did the same just make sure there’s things like a content and a page at the back where u got your information from such as books or google
Also make sure u explain every point even if you feel like you’re rambling
If you do graphs label them for what everything means ( it’s honestly all the little things like that that count)
Maybe include if the gym is cost effective and if people are getting their money’s Worth
Do questionnaires for the customers about all your points aka customer service quality etc and make sure you have all sorts of evidence to back up points such as primary secondary evidence
Good luck :smile:)

Thank you so much for your useful response I’m really scared for tomorrow. I will take everything you said into note . Thanks a lot
That's ok!
You'll be fine! Just make sure to include everything which you included in your research, your first 10 minutes should be making sure that you're putting the title of the business, other information and a brief introduction, with a titled photo!! Good luck!
Original post by Amber02x
Wow thank you so much for this it’s so useful my write begins tomorrow I’m so nervous. We are only writing for 10 minutes . I really want to get a high grade in the controlled assessment so I don’t have to stress for the exams too much
Reply 6
Original post by whitneeyle
That's ok!
You'll be fine! Just make sure to include everything which you included in your research, your first 10 minutes should be making sure that you're putting the title of the business, other information and a brief introduction, with a titled photo!! Good luck!

Hey we just done around 5 minutes of the write up i am so stuck on what to write for the first few paragraphs I was thinking introduction as one paragraph and then another paragraph stating the important of repeat purchase for the business . When mentioning a quotation from the owner from the interview do I need to include the interview and refer to it as an appendix . Also my business is a gym and it’s ladies only so the important factors I will be discussing are : quality of equipment, customer satisfaction, location & opening hours . I’m not sure what to write in the introduction so far I have just said that my chosen business is .... and where it is based I’m not sure what to write for the higher marks .
Thank you so much for your time to reply looking forward for your response .

Quick Reply

Latest