The Student Room Group

GCSE Journey for french

Hi guys so this is a edit but i wanted to tell you that my french gcse has changed. My school has decided to move it to next year in year 11 meaning my gcses will be in may/June 2019 instead of 2018. I no longer qualify to be in this competition so sorry for the inconvenience. I will be enter next year's GYG though.

Again sorry for the inconvenience caused.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Good luck!
Please - I need this GYG thread. French is not my strong point.
Reply 3
Original post by Tate00
Good luck!

Thankyou :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by streetdude28
Please - I need this GYG thread. French is not my strong point.

Oh it's fine. I am 'good' at it i suppose but i always am finding ways to improve. This thread will not only benefit me but other people as well hopefully.:smile:
Good luck! I did well (98% UMS) at the old spec and I'd say make all writings and speakings as original as possible (don't be afraid to make jokes, or go a little off-piste), use loads of idioms and revise especially key verbs and negative structures (as a lot of people hear the 'ne' before a verb in a listening and assume it means no, when actally what comes after could mean only or hardly.
Reply 6
Original post by questionofrust
Good luck! I did well (98% UMS) at the old spec and I'd say make all writings and speakings as original as possible (don't be afraid to make jokes, or go a little off-piste), use loads of idioms and revise especially key verbs and negative structures (as a lot of people hear the 'ne' before a verb in a listening and assume it means no, when actally what comes after could mean only or hardly.

Wow! Good Job and thanks for the advice. I think i need the luck and the advice now.:smile:
Original post by sophia13
Oh it's fine. I am 'good' at it i suppose but i always am finding ways to improve. This thread will not only benefit me but other people as well hopefully.:smile:

Hopefully :biggrin:!
I'm also in year 10 and studying french, please update us on how your exams went!
Reply 9
I really hope you achieve your goals, I really respect the hard work you do and the motivation that you have
Good luck! It would certainly be an achievement to get a 9 in year 10. Are languages something you want to pursue in the future?
Reply 11
Original post by _gcx
Good luck! It would certainly be an achievement to get a 9 in year 10. Are languages something you want to pursue in the future?

I definitely have a passion for learning languages but i want to pursue medicine in the future. However, unlike other people in my year group who have higher target grades and don't care about french, i would love to communicate in french and get a grade 9. It's a personal goal of mine. Thanks for asking:smile:
Reply 12
Original post by kaels.x
I really hope you achieve your goals, I really respect the hard work you do and the motivation that you have

Thank you so much. It's lovely to have support from people.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending