The Student Room Group

Do people like fast replies?

Scroll to see replies

When it’s needed, sometimes it’s just creepy...like the person was expecting it from you.
Original post by black1blade
Instant replies are best, like an actual conversation.

Totally agree
Original post by MajorFader
When it’s needed, sometimes it’s just creepy...like the person was expecting it from you.

Yeah because say if you send someone a facebook message you're probably still going to be on facebook if they send back a reply, so you see it, read it and respond- simples.
Original post by MajorFader

Doesn't that mean they are enjoying the conversation?
Original post by Emerald777O
Totally agree

Sometimes a bit slower is fine if's fairly obvious you are both doing something though.
people who I dislike a lot text me very often and they reply so quick.@Emerald777O so it has to annoy me.
Original post by Baniazz
people who I dislike a lot text me very often and they reply so quick.@Emerald777O so it has to annoy me.

Like who?

Sometimes a bit slower is fine if's fairly obvious you are both doing something though.

Ofc. I mean not everyone has their phone in their hand always like me.
Reply 27
I don't really care. takes me a day minimum to reply to most things (non-urgent) so I don;t expect anything super fast in return.
Original post by gjd800
I don't really care. takes me a day minimum to reply to most things (non-urgent) so I don;t expect anything super fast in return.

Why so late?
Reply 29
Why so late?

I always have better things to do than get into text/messenger conversations. I tend to reply to a load at a time then leave them for another few days.
Original post by gjd800
I always have better things to do than get into text/messenger conversations. I tend to reply to a load at a time then leave them for another few days.

You read them but then reply a day later or you reply once you read then leave a day later?
Reply 31
You read them but then reply a day later or you reply once you read then leave a day later?

No, I leave them completely and read/reply to bunch all at once. It's not really a problem, my mates all know the score. If something is really important, they will ring.
Original post by gjd800
No, I leave them completely and read/reply to bunch all at once. It's not really a problem, my mates all know the score. If something is really important, they will ring.

Ah okay
Instant replies are best, like an actual conversation.

Exactly 😝
Yes.

The worst thing about texting is waiting ages for a reply.

A conversation that you could have in person in two minutes can take ages in a text conversation because you have to guess what the other person is really saying some of the time because you can't ready any of their body language.

I'd rather just have the conversation and get on with whatever I'm doing instead of dragging it out over hours.
Reply 35
yes so long as I get a full response, not a one-word reply (unless I was asking a yes or no question)

Quick Reply

Latest