The Student Room Group

I can't lose weight, What am I doing wrong!!!!

I just feel like I'm not losing weight at all and I'm not seeing any changes in my body. I just thought that working out frequently and eating healthy for over a month, I would see changes by now. I just feel like I've either stayed the same or put on weight, I just don't know if I'm working out right 😩. I feel and look so ugly!!!

Also I have the contraceptive implant and some rumours say you put on weight from it and some say it's a myth Idk.

Also I know you can't spot reduce, but that's why I'm trying to lose weight all over, but I really want my boobs to go down, hopefully this will happen.
I measured myself at the gym apparently I have 30% body fat, I'm 5'6 and I weigh 12stone 9lb.

I just need advice!!!!!!
Drink so much water
Original post by Anonymous
I just feel like I'm not losing weight at all and I'm not seeing any changes in my body. I just thought that working out frequently and eating healthy for over a month, I would see changes by now. I just feel like I've either stayed the same or put on weight, I just don't know if I'm working out right 😩. I feel and look so ugly!!!

Also I have the contraceptive implant and some rumours say you put on weight from it and some say it's a myth Idk.

Also I know you can't spot reduce, but that's why I'm trying to lose weight all over, but I really want my boobs to go down, hopefully this will happen.
I measured myself at the gym apparently I have 30% body fat, I'm 5'6 and I weigh 12stone 9lb.

I just need advice!!!!!!

Sure Weightloss is tough but eating healthy and eating a lot a two different things, check your calorie intake and check how much calories you'd have to eat to maintain your weight. Don't eat above that and also, lot's of foods that are supposedly healthy have *****onnes of fat in them so perhaps go for less fatty foods sometimes.
Exercise does work, but if you're eating too much then whats the point I suppose.
Keep exercising!! You'll be burning off calories, and that'll be good for your average calorie diet. OAKYtoijd Im not a nutritionist or whatever bYeeee
Original post by Anonymous

I just need advice!!!!!!

Just eat less than you use during a day. Excercise is good for health but is not necessary or even that effective for weight loss (losing 1lb would take at least 6 hours of intense working out or more than 12 hours of fast walking). Slowly reduce your food intake until you're losing about 1lb per week.
Reply 4
Argh I don't even think I'm eating a lot, but I do know that I'm not drinking enough water. I hate my legs, specifically thighs so much and my belly, this is stressful as I feel nothing is shifting!!!
Drinks lots of water and fruits and veg. Maybe have 6 small healthy meals in a day rather than a big one 3 times. I sometimes feel the same but I’ve come to realise that be body confident however you look! People will see you for your character and kindness! Not the way you look dude!! 🌈👍🏽🌈👍🏽🌈🌈😊😊
It might not happen in a month, but if you carry on for a year (for arguments sake) then you will gradually see the difference.
Are the foods you are eating healthy or are they '30% less sugar' because they will still have a lot of calories in them :smile:
Reply 7
Tell us what you eat every day (meal plan)
Get out cycling and willing or even walking. Not just in the gym but out and about, the fresh air is great. Also eat more veg, and switch your carb food to less startchy ones, less potato/pasta and instead try quinoa etc ❤️
Reply 9
Original post by Integer
Tell us what you eat every day (meal plan)

Okay so

Breakfast = 1 slice of tiger bread (sometimes 2) 2 eggs ( depends how I feel, sometimes I poach,scramble, fry or boil), spinach, mushrooms then I'll either have turkey bacon or bacon sometimes. With water or coconut water.

Lunch usually some pesto pasta and dried tomatoes I get from Tesco coconut water, fruit or maybe chocolate. This is usually on the go when I'm going uni.

Dinner
So I cook my own food either the following

- sweet potatoe, turkey mince shepherds pie I cook from scratch, with peas, sweet corn and bell peppers

- curry chicken from scratch with chickpeas and sweet potato

- chicken tomato and bell peppers

I usually have these all with broccoli or cauliflower cba with rice

I have water to drink, as I'm a poor student Lool

When I cheat I will have Chinese takeaway or chocolate ice cream, that's happened twice though
you're 5'6 80kg and can't lose weight? lol
Reply 11
it doesn't matter what you eat, it matters how much you eat of it.

The calories you eat matter. You need to be in a 300-500 caloric deficit every day to lose weight. Eat less.
Original post by eden3
it doesn't matter what you eat, it matters how much you eat of it.

The calories you eat matter. You need to be in a 300-500 caloric deficit every day to lose weight. Eat less.

Macros matter too.
Reply 13
Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ
Macros matter too.

Well no ****, so does being in a caloric deficit. OP is stresses how much "healthy food" she's been eating but clearly has not been tracking her calories.
Original post by eden3
Well no ****, so does being in a caloric deficit. OP is stresses how much "healthy food" she's been eating but clearly has not been tracking her calories.

You clearly said "it doesn't matter what you eat".
Cut the carbs more - bread, pasta, potatoes. If you want chocolate only have dark :smile:
Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ
you're 5'6 80kg and can't lose weight? lol

Thanks for that remark
When wanting to lose weight you need to take into consideration your food intake as well as carbs etc. Making sure that you eat enough to fill your body enough so you do not go hungry. The best advice is to eat smaller portions but more often if you feel as though eating 3 meals a day does not satisfy you. Drinking 1/2 gallons of water to start off would be essential for your body to detoxify it. If you like green tea this could help you too. Drinking black coffee also speeds up your metabolism meaning you will not take in so many calories from the things you are eating.

Making sure that you eat fat-free products and some with more protein; this will fill you up even in smaller portions.

For example, having porridge for breakfast or a protein fat-free yoghurt with berries. Eating a light lunch which will still fill you up. If you cannot find a light lunch will fill you up you could drink a glass or two of water half an hour before lunch to make sure you fill up your stomach and feel fuller quicker. For a mid-afternoon snack, you can have a packet of crisps or some fruit it is completely up to you. For supper, you could have chicken, potatoes anything which is high in protein, salad etc just to make sure that you are not snacking when going to bed.

Exercise will make a huge difference when trying to lose weight but make sure you are losing weight and not be putting on muscle because that is the first mistake people make when joining gyms.

When you want to lose weight you have to do more of the cardio machines this could be a bikes, treadmill and anything that will get you out of breath. You need to avoid, at first, weights and everything else that will just build your muscle. You want to be sweating and making sure you don't overdo the exercise because you will not want to come back due to the amount of pain you are in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending