The Student Room Group

2018 entry for Veterinary Medicine to Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tash.Friesinger
I received my offer from Bristol yesterday!! So so happy to have an offer under my belt 😁

That's great well done!! 🎉 Just wondering seeing that you're a successful applicant, what grades and work experience do you have? Hopefully I'll be joining you in September next year! 😂
Original post by 11euni-b
That's great well done!! 🎉 Just wondering seeing that you're a successful applicant, what grades and work experience do you have? Hopefully I'll be joining you in September next year! 😂

Thank you 😋 the offer is a normal Bristol one AAA! My predicteds were A*A*A for Biology, Chemistry and Physics. I had a fair bit of work experience here and there but I probably went a bit overboard :smile: hope your application goes well!!!
Thank you 😋 the offer is a normal Bristol one AAA! My predicteds were A*A*A for Biology, Chemistry and Physics. I had a fair bit of work experience here and there but I probably went a bit overboard :smile: hope your application goes well!!!

That's great!! You must be so relieved, can't imagine how thrilled you must be!
My predicteds are A*A*A* in biol Chem and maths, but I'm just worried I'm lacking slightly in work experience. I have quite a range but am just finishing my 9th week, does this sound reasonable to you?
That's great!! You must be so relieved, can't imagine how thrilled you must be!
My predicteds are A*A*A* in biol Chem and maths, but I'm just worried I'm lacking slightly in work experience. I have quite a range but am just finishing my 9th week, does this sound reasonable to you?

Congratulations on your predicteds! Nope 9 weeks sounds absolutely plenty as long as they’re in a couple of different places :smile:
Congratulations on your predicteds! Nope 9 weeks sounds absolutely plenty as long as they’re in a couple of different places :smile:

It's so exciting!! I just really want to get Bristol under my belt so that I can chill through any interviews I get in other places 😂 Isn't it so strange that you might meet lots of people on here you've spoken to at uni. So pleased for you, and goodluck with your A levels etc, I'm sure you'll ace them!
It's so exciting!! I just really want to get Bristol under my belt so that I can chill through any interviews I get in other places 😂 Isn't it so strange that you might meet lots of people on here you've spoken to at uni. So pleased for you, and goodluck with your A levels etc, I'm sure you'll ace them!

Oh definitely! We’ve probably been at an open day or something 😂 and you! Good luck with everything :smile:
Oh definitely! We’ve probably been at an open day or something 😂 and you! Good luck with everything :smile:

Haha yeah that's true! 😂 and thanks!
I sent my application on the 10th October. I more than meet the grade requirements. Slightly confused how people who applied at the same time as me have already had an offer whereas I haven't even had the work experience questionnaire!😪
Reply 28
I sent my application on the 10th October. I more than meet the grade requirements. Slightly confused how people who applied at the same time as me have already had an offer whereas I haven't even had the work experience questionnaire!😪

I havent received the questionnaire either.

Original post by DOM26
I havent received the questionnaire either.

I know it's really frustrating but hang in there. There's probably absolutely nothing to be read into it at this stage.

During my application cycle (2015, I'm very wrinkly), Bristol kept some people hanging even after all the interviews had taken place, only to reject them shortly before the deadline. I absolutely agree that it would be more fair to have everyone do a work experience questionnaire first, but at least hopefully changing their method of assessing applicants will mean that they don't keep people hanging on for as long!

Bear in mind that in the past, Bristol only gave work experience questionnaires to people that they had already invited to interview; work experience (other than that written about in the PS) wasn't used as a factor for giving out invitations. It may be useful therefore to this year treat the questionnaire as an alternative 'interview invitation'.
How long did people who have offers from Bristol have to wait after submitting their WEPAPA?
How long did people who have offers from Bristol have to wait after submitting their WEPAPA?

Pretty sure offer-holders have already answered this over in the general 2018 VetMed Applicants thread - from memory, I think most of them said about 3-4 weeks? As they submitted the WEPAPA form at the start of October and received offers etc at the end of the month. Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by luberry
Pretty offer-holders have already answered this over in the general 2018 VetMed Applicants thread - from memory, I think most of them said about 3-4 weeks? As they submitted the WEPAPA form at the start of October and received offers etc at the end of the month. Hope this helps :smile:

Thanks! :smile:
I sent my application off on the 13th of October and received the VIP email. But STILL no questionnaire, is anyone else still is this position or have I majorly missed something!???

It’s the 16th of November now and I’m seriously panicing!!!
Reply 34
Original post by Shadow478
I sent my application off on the 13th of October and received the VIP email. But STILL no questionnaire, is anyone else still is this position or have I majorly missed something!???

It’s the 16th of November now and I’m seriously panicing!!!

I’m in the same position :frown:
Don't worry, I am in exactly the same situation!
Reply 36
Has anyone still not received a questionnaire? Very worried!!
Original post by Bazza17
Has anyone still not received a questionnaire? Very worried!!

they're still sending them out up until christmas so don't worry about not getting it already :smile:
I applied for gateway, I have an interview on the 14th March!
I haven't been sent a questionaire either
has anyone else submitted their work experience form and still not heard back from Bristol?

Quick Reply

Latest