The Student Room Group

students loans

I came from iraq in October 2014 with my dad ( started his PhD studying on mathematics and biostatistics) . and I came with him and I started doing my GCSE and I finished them and carried on to A level. right now I year 13 student and I applied for universities to study medicine. The problem is my dad is going back in 2019 and I want to stay here and continue studying. however, I can not afford the university cost and living by myself (going back iraq mean no future to me because I have to start school again because of the differences in both systems) I came with dependent visa on my dad tire4 visa. question is can I get student loans? I have been in England all that time and if not can I get scholarship or international student loans?
Not sure on that one or even if you'd bexpect allowed to stay if your dad goes back. How old are you?
You should ask student loans and immigration authorities, clearly.

My understanding is that loans are based on residency, so i think you should be fine. What i am not clear on is whether you are allowed to stay after your dad leaves, independent of being at uni or not.
Reply 3
Original post by nexttime
You should ask student loans and immigration authorities, clearly.

My understanding is that loans are based on residency, so i think you should be fine. What i am not clear on is whether you are allowed to stay after your dad leaves, independent of being at uni or not.

do you have mote information if not can you give me the contact number to call them. pls
Reply 4
Original post by redhelen
Not sure on that one or even if you'd bexpect allowed to stay if your dad goes back. How old are you?

my dad will go back in 2019 and at that time I should be in my year 19 and starting year 2 and in the middle of semester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending