The Student Room Group

The unlogic of the liberal left

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by SarahLeicester
"We're talking about crime in general here, not terrorist attacks."

Hence why I attached the stats from SOCTA. Nothing to do with terrorism.

SOCTA's stats only concern organised crime, they don't provide stats on criminal acts in general. Further, the stats don't even mention violent crime or hate crime as far as I can tell, so I don't really see how they are relevant to the discussion.

As I said, hate crime reporting isn't the same as hate crime convictions. Convictions have gone down. The police themselves, as well as the ONS, confirm that reporting has gone up because the methods of being able to report have become easier.

So? I never made any claims about the amount of hate crime increasing or decreasing.

In days of old Universities were places of debate - you're living proof that safe spaces are an affront to learning. The evidence is available, but your feelings come first. That isn't how life works. Educate yourself.

WTF has this got to do with anything? :lolwut: Can you kindly not shove your agenda in my face if you're going to comment?
Original post by Dez
SOCTA's stats only concern organised crime, they don't provide stats on criminal acts in general. Further, the stats don't even mention violent crime or hate crime as far as I can tell, so I don't really see how they are relevant to the discussion.

So? I never made any claims about the amount of hate crime increasing or decreasing.

WTF has this got to do with anything? :lolwut: Can you kindly not shove your agenda in my face if you're going to comment?

There is no legal definition of hate crime, it doesn't exist. Crime overall has been consistently dropping.

You're all over the place. You claimed the amount of 'hate crime' was up to over 100 per day. Again, hate crime reporting isn't hate crime convictions.

You also claimed crimes by the far right well exceeded those by the far left, and had done for decades. This is clearly nonsense - Nationalism and Republicanism in Northern Ireland for a start are far left. The figures released by EUROPOL don't just relate to terrorist attacks and don't back up your claims. The ONS don't back up your claims either.

I have no agenda other than correcting nonsense claims, I'm sorry you aren't able to deal in facts rather than feelings.
There is no legal definition of hate crime, it doesn't exist. Crime overall has been consistently dropping.

You're all over the place. You claimed the amount of 'hate crime' was up to over 100 per day. Again, hate crime reporting isn't hate crime convictions.

You also claimed crimes by the far right well exceeded those by the far left, and had done for decades. This is clearly nonsense - Nationalism and Republicanism in Northern Ireland for a start are far left. The figures released by EUROPOL don't just relate to terrorist attacks and don't back up your claims. The ONS don't back up your claims either.

I have no agenda other than correcting nonsense claims, I'm sorry you aren't able to deal in facts rather than feelings.

Let’s go back to the my first line in this thread. Ronald Regan said that “Our Liberal friends know things that are not.”

They get caught up in terms and concepts and therefore in their minds distort reality into the way they are perceiving it.

This is exactly what the postmodern thinkers intended.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending