The Student Room Group

Can I write A Levels Chemistry by taking 1 year gap after finishing my AS exam?

Hi,
I started my course in Jan 2015.
When I had started the course I had taken the subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Maths). I finished my AS Levels exam on Oct 2015 by passing in all the subjects, but when I wrote my A2 exam on June 2016, I wasn't happy with the grades I had got in my exams since I failed in Chemistry and got only E's on my other subjects. I again rewrote my Physics and Maths A2 exams on June 2017 and managed to get good grades in that. But right now when I checked in my Uni, Chemistry is a required subject for the course I am going to do.
I want to know is that, Do I just have to write my A2 papers in Chemistry since I have passed AS or write the whole AS and A2 again from the beginning?

I am really worried right now :frown:
Original post by DarkWizard
Hi,
I started my course in Jan 2015.
When I had started the course I had taken the subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Maths). I finished my AS Levels exam on Oct 2015 by passing in all the subjects, but when I wrote my A2 exam on June 2016, I wasn't happy with the grades I had got in my exams since I failed in Chemistry and got only E's on my other subjects. I again rewrote my Physics and Maths A2 exams on June 2017 and managed to get good grades in that. But right now when I checked in my Uni, Chemistry is a required subject for the course I am going to do.
I want to know is that, Do I just have to write my A2 papers in Chemistry since I have passed AS or write the whole AS and A2 again from the beginning?

I am really worried right now :frown:

Which exam boards and specifications were your subjects?
Reply 2
Original post by AnnaRainbows
Which exam boards and specifications were your subjects?

CIE A Levels

I am really worried right now because the more I delay the more late I would have to enter the Uni :frown:
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest