The Student Room Group

If you could live for 1,000 years, would you?

Scroll to see replies

No.
Original post by Emerald777O
Of course not. Unless, I live like Beyoncé and which I don't so

With the advancements that will be made in 1,000 years you can probably alter your DNA to look identical to beyonce.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Kevin Hodge
No.

Why not? :eek:
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
With the advancements that will be made in 1,000 you can probably alter your DNA to look identical to beyonce.

A very good point and one that might tip the decision for people.
Original post by Captain Jack
In the course of 1,000 years you could definitely become the new Beyonce.

True. There can only be one tho!!
True. There can only one tho!!

Yeah but she’ll be dead (harsh but true).
With the advancements that will be made in 1,000 years you can probably alter your DNA to look identical to beyonce.

I don't want to look like her lol I want to live like there but then again people would think I'm her so make me rich. Gr8 idea!
Yeah but she’ll be dead (harsh but true).

Hmm I change my answer then 😂
I don't want to look like her lol I want to live like there but then again people would think I'm her so make me rich. Gr8 idea!

Lol so you want money is that it? Sounds cliche but there really is more to life than money. However if money is what you're dead set on then if you put £10,000 into the stock market it would probably be worth $50million in 100 years. Then you can live like her :biggrin:
Let's say that physically you will look as you do now but no one else can live as long as you.

I look like **** so no :laugh:
Original post by Hamoody
Depends on what the future holds for you. What if someone beloved to me dies and I have to mourn them for 500+ years or so? :redface:

Almost everyone has to live through watching their parents die and it’s definitely something most people get over and don’t spend the rest of their lives mourning. So even after only a few decades since their death, the pain wouldn’t be too severe in all probability.
(edited 6 years ago)
Let's say that physically you will look as you do now but no one else can live as long as you.

Why would would anyone want that?
Why not? :eek:

I think there comes a point where you’ll have achieved everything in life and you’ll just get bored. Not to mention that this could cause massive overpopulation issues which is a problem in itself.
Reply 34
I think there comes a point where you’ll have achieved everything in life and you’ll just get bored. Not to mention that this could cause massive overpopulation issues which is a problem in itself.

yeah mayne. There's only so many nuts you can bust before you get bored of it
Hard to imagine how depressed with human nature you'd be by now if you'd been born in 1017. :sad:
Original post by eden3
yeah mayne. There's only so many nuts you can bust before you get bored of it

AYMEN brotha. There’s only so many GAINZ you can make too before you reach your potential.
Sure, why not, it would be interesting to see how the world changes over the next 962 years.
Reply 38
AYMEN brotha. There’s only so many GAINZ you can make too before you reach your potential.

yeah MAYNE. you dont wanna end up lookin like this guy:

Spoiler

thats too many DAYUM GAINZZZZ....
Lol so you want money is that it? Sounds cliche but there really is more to life than money. However if money is what you're dead set on then if you put £10,000 into the stock market it would probably be worth $50million in 100 years. Then you can live like her :biggrin:

Yep. Her life is just amazing tbh, singing in concerts and just being a queen. Living this life for 1000 years is just no...
hmm I might just do that. If I live beyond the age of 100 then with that money I can get sugery to make myself young. Right? :biggrin:

Quick Reply