The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Social Sciences Offer Holders 2018

Hey guys, I just received my offer yesterday! I've been offered a conditional of AAB. I also couldn't find any discussions for this years' applicants, so I thought I would make one.

Scroll to see replies

Hey,

I applied for social sciences with quantitative methods and I'm still waiting for a response ;(

When did you apply ( I applied on 19th Oct) and what were your predicted, AS, and GCSE grades?

& congrats on getting an offer
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by AhmedMajid
Hey,

I applied for social sciences with quantitative methods and I'm still waiting for a response ;(

When did you apply ( I applied on 19th Oct) and what were your predicted, AS, and GCSE grades?

& congrats on getting an offer

Heyyy, thank you! I hope you get yours soon.
I applied on the 13th October,
Got AAABB in AS, predicted 4A*s (only because my headteacher wanted my teachers to change it - I'm not actually a genius lmao), in GCSE I got 2A*s, 4As, 4Bs and a C. Wby?
Original post by ElaArslan
Heyyy, thank you! I hope you get yours soon.
I applied on the 13th October,
Got AAABB in AS, predicted 4A*s (only because my headteacher wanted my teachers to change it - I'm not actually a genius lmao), in GCSE I got 2A*s, 4As, 4Bs and a C. Wby?

Nice, that's a pretty strong profile, especially that 4A* prediction:wink:

I got 1A* 4A 4B 2C for GCSE.
AS = AABB
Predicted = A* AA

Do you think I'll meet their entry requirements?

Also, what did you write in your PS?

because my first choice uni is LSE to study economic history, so my PS had lots about economics in the past, rather than me acc focusing on 'social sciences'. But, my PS had a theme of me basically talking about why some countries are richer than others and I had a bit about how this could be due to people in developing countries not internalising the importance/benefit of education. (hopefully, that's a social science issue?)

I guess me getting an offer might be a bit long shot now that I consider how my PS was focused so much on economics, but oh well.
Reply 4
Nice, that's a pretty strong profile, especially that 4A* prediction:wink:

I got 1A* 4A 4B 2C for GCSE.
AS = AABB
Predicted = A* AA

Do you think I'll meet their entry requirements?

Also, what did you write in your PS?

because my first choice uni is LSE to study economic history, so my PS had lots about economics in the past, rather than me acc focusing on 'social sciences'. But, my PS had a theme of me basically talking about why some countries are richer than others and I had a bit about how this could be due to people in developing countries not internalising the importance/benefit of education. (hopefully, that's a social science issue?)

I guess me getting an offer might be a bit long shot now that I consider how my PS was focused so much on economics, but oh well.

Well my PS was focused just on sociology and I think they probably expect that since they don't do economics or sociology as separate degrees, whereas other unis do such as LSE does (I applied there too!). This means they probably know we apply for degrees that are only different modules within social sciences. So I'm sure your PS is fine, along with your AS grades and predicted grades.
(edited 6 years ago)
Well my PS was focused just on sociology and I think they probably expect that since they don't do economics or sociology as separate degrees, whereas other unis do such as LSE does (I applied there too!). This means they probably know we apply for degrees that are only different modules within social sciences. So I'm sure your PS is fine, along with your AS grades and predicted grades.

Awesome, what course did you apply for at the LSE?
Reply 6
Awesome, what course did you apply for at the LSE?

Sociology
Sociology

ah, good luck. I've heard UCL is a piece of cake to get into compared to LSE. It's sad how LSE take forever to reply
Reply 8
ah, good luck. I've heard UCL is a piece of cake to get into compared to LSE. It's sad how LSE take forever to reply

Thanks you too
Hey- is it true that once the portico changes into 'application processed' from 'application received' you will hear back from the uni soon? I applied to Social sciences w/ quantitative methods on 15th Oct and only had an acknowledgment email.
Reply 10
Original post by Tatsuhando
Hey- is it true that once the portico changes into 'application processed' from 'application received' you will hear back from the uni soon? I applied to Social sciences w/ quantitative methods on 15th Oct and only had an acknowledgment email.

I'm not so sure about this, I hardly checked the portico whilst waiting tbh. I'm sure it just means you're in the next stage of being processed in for a decision. So it would make sense that you expect for a reply sooner than prior, as you are probably now in the next stage.
Heyyy guys
Got my offer for Social sciences on 2nd November
Wish everyone best of luck xxx
Hey got an offer for social sciences w quantitative methods on the 20th November after applying on the 20th October
Reply 13
Original post by beebop123
Hey got an offer for social sciences w quantitative methods on the 20th November after applying on the 20th October

Heyyy well done!!

I got mine on the 20th also!

AAB?
Heyyy well done!!

You too, do u think you will end up firming it xx
Reply 16
You too, do u think you will end up firming it xx

Wellll idk depends if I get Cambridge or not, wby?
Wellll idk depends if I get Cambridge or not, wby?

Yeah depends if I get social policy and econ at LSE probably won’t though only 7 places
Yeah depends if I get social policy and econ at LSE probably won’t though only 7 places

What are your subjects/predicted & offer?
Original post by adamantacademic
What are your subjects/predicted & offer?

Hey,
My subjects are Chemistry, Economics and Maths - Predicted AAA
Offer - AAB
Gcse’s 6a*s 4as

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending