The Student Room Group

Cancelling a first date twice

I was supposed to have a date with someone yesterday but I had to go home for the night so re rearranged for tonight but the thing is I need to stay home for another night. I feel awful cancelling on her again but it' unavoidable. Will this make me look worse in her eyes because I do really want to go on the date but things keep coming up.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No one likes a flake, it makes you seem as if you're uninterested. Once would be enough but twice is really pushing it overboard. Why do you have to stay at home for tonight?
Original post by michael1010
I was supposed to have a date with someone yesterday but I had to go home for the night so re rearranged for tonight but the thing is I need to stay home for another night. I feel awful cancelling on her again but it' unavoidable. Will this make me look worse in her eyes because I do really want to go on the date but things keep coming up.

How far away is home? is this some sort of emergency? Just call her now and explain why its not possible.
Reply 3
Original post by UWS
No one likes a flake, it makes you seem as if you're uninterested. Once would be enough but twice is really pushing it overboard. Why do you have to stay at home for tonight?

I have family stuff going on that I though be have been sorted yesterday
Lol yes why do you have to stay home 😄
Reply 5
Original post by 999tigger
How far away is home? is this some sort of emergency? Just call her now and explain why its not possible.

Home is over 2 hours on a train and yeah it's kind of a family emergency
Reply 6
You should probably go tonight
Reply 7
I have family stuff going on that I though be have been sorted yesterday

If you have to cancel then cancel before it's too late, she will be incredibly pissed off if you cancel after she's left the house. You need to explain this to her and give a day that you are 100% sure that won't be interrupted. It's down to her now, not much else you can do.
Reply 8
Original post by Salt Queen
Lol yes why do you have to stay home 😄

I have family stuff going on that I need to sort out
Reply 9
Original post by 408655
You should probably go tonight

I can't though since I'll still be at home
Original post by UWS
If you have to cancel then cancel before it's too late, she will be incredibly pissed off if you cancel after she's left the house. You need to explain this to her and give a day that you are 100% sure that won't be interrupted. It's down to her now, not much else you can do.

Yeah I'll definitely give her enough notice and I will definitely make tomorrow so it's not like she will need to wait too much longer for the date
I can't though since I'll still be at home

Why are you not calling her right now so she isnt wasting more of her time?
Why are you not calling her right now so she isnt wasting more of her time?

How is she wasting her time? She won't have started getting ready yet
How is she wasting her time? She won't have started getting ready yet

OK if you say so and be sure to tell her that.
OK if you say so and be sure to tell her that.

What have I done wrong? It's not my fault I can't make the date
What have I done wrong? It's not my fault I can't make the date

Boo hoo why not think about how you affect others and try to minimise that? Just deal with it now and then its all sorted.
Family emergency

On tsr

Ok guy.
Why didn't you cancel as soon as you knew you couldn't make it?
Reply 18
If she’s worth the first date she won’t mind as long as you tell her hours in advance
It will send a bad message to her that you don't have your **** together. I'd say its over.

Quick Reply

Latest