The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ah thanks anyway, on their entry requirements website they just want a Bio/Chem and another science (maths included) for the 5 year course so I’m in the clear, just need to get the grades now
Original post by smirreh14
Defo interested in studying medicine at Manchester but I wanna know if it’ll be worth the move from Wales.
I attained 1 A* 5 As 3 Bs and 3Cs and a btec qualification in music.
However I’m not doing Chemistry as an A level so I know that automatically strips me away from the vast majority of med schools, but I realise that there are foundation courses available for ppl with wrong subject combinations. I’m studying AS level Maths, Biology and Psychology atm, am I suited for the Manchester course ???

What UKCAT did u get
I’m gonna be apply in 2018, currently in year 12
Original post by smirreh14
I’m gonna be apply in 2018, currently in year 12

If you're just wondering whether it's worth applying to Manchester then I'd recommend it, I did my first degree there. Manchester is awesome, I enjoyed it so much I'm applying to go back there to study medicine. I can talk about how good the medicine course is, but the university and the city are brilliant. I'd recommend heading to an open day to get a feel of the place for yourself.
Hey guys I think I might have majorly messed up. :frown: When it said to select campus on the UCAS Form I selected no preference but I've seen on another thread that you should select Manchester if you don't want to be placed elsewhere? Will this be a problem? Thank you!
Original post by _Kermit
Hey guys I think I might have majorly messed up. :frown: When it said to select campus on the UCAS Form I selected no preference but I've seen on another thread that you should select Manchester if you don't want to be placed elsewhere? Will this be a problem? Thank you!

I've just realised I did the same😰
Original post by _Kermit

Original post by vishalch
I've just realised I did the same😰

Last year you had the choice of having a preference for Preston or no preference at all. I believe it’s the same this year so you can’t have a preference for manchester

(I’m not 100% sure about 2018 entry tho but this was definitely the case last year)
Hi guys, for people who do the IB, for the NAI form can we use our CAS reflexions?
Original post by The Sikh Surgeon
Last year you had the choice of having a preference for Preston or no preference at all. I believe it’s the same this year so you can’t have a preference for manchester

(I’m not 100% sure about 2018 entry tho but this was definitely the case last year)

Aaahhh you're a live saver omg :redface: yeah it was just Preston and no preference I was thinking maybe I'd done something wrong to not have the Manchester option pop up but that's a relief lol thank you!

:thumbsup:
Reply 369
Hey everyone, for the teamwork section of the NAI form, did you write more than one example or just one in detail?
Original post by sei17
Hey everyone, for the teamwork section of the NAI form, did you write more than one example or just one in detail?

I wrote one in detail but I don't think it really matters as long as you explain them well enough
How much emphasis does Manchester but on GCSES and do they accept GCSE resits
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
I wrote one in detail but I don't think it really matters as long as you explain them well enough

Did you write about a problem you faced when working as part of a team?
Original post by aleexhunt
Did you write about a problem you faced when working as part of a team?

Yes, about a challenging situation in my D of E expedition
Hi all,

I was wondering whether anyone knows what the provisional dates are for interviews? The website states early 2018, which is a bit vague, does anyone have a more specific time frame?

Thanks!
Original post by PkT1991
Hi all,

I was wondering whether anyone knows what the provisional dates are for interviews? The website states early 2018, which is a bit vague, does anyone have a more specific time frame?

Thanks!

It's supposed to be first 2 weeks of January but I think they had some in feb time also

Mine was 5 January (not relevant but yh :biggrin:)
Does anyone know if we can use the same example for two of the questions. For example, can we use being an SJA volunteer both in the caring and teamwork section as it essentially involves both?
Original post by 2 Medic B
Does anyone know if we can use the same example for two of the questions. For example, can we use being an SJA volunteer both in the caring and teamwork section as it essentially involves both?

There's nothing on there that says you can't, but I personally wouldn't :smile:
Original post by 2 Medic B

I can't see any problem with using the same activity across multiple sections. I used my job across the teamwork and caring sections as it had relevance to both.

I gave two examples for each section, so I used an example from volunteering and one from my job in the caring section and two examples of teamwork that showed different team dynamics from my job.

As long as it's relevant and addresses their question then I think it's fine. It may just be worth including other examples as part of your answers so that you can show a range of activities/experiences if you have other relevant examples that you can use.
Original post by The Sikh Doctor
Hi guys, 1st year medic at Manchester. PM me if you want me to send my NAI form to you

could you send it to me please?

Latest

Trending

Trending