The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Language Nov 2017 resit (9-1)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hollyhop23
How did everyone find today's paper ?

Better than paper 1
Had to waffle again though .
How did everyone find today's paper ?

I think it was better than paper 1
I found the reading much better then paper one but the writing harder then the writing on paper one
Reply 44
Original post by Greenapplepear
Hi,

I am very well thanks apart from the fact that I have my resit in 2 weeks lol. I was predicted an 8 but slipped in my GCSE and got a 4.:colondollar:

What about you?

How did you manage to get a 4 from being predicted an 8?? I'm scared of doing the same thing as in my book Ive been getting 7s on my essays (I'm in Year 10) but I sat a mock a few weeks ago and got a 5. So any pointers to avoid slipping?
Think grade boundaries will decrease?
They should lower grade boundaries by at least a bit, right?
No because their evil !
I did mine Wednesday and today!!! Paper 1 was good but I mucked up paper 2 big style!!
I was predicted a 7 but underperformed and got a 5 😕 I really hope for a 6 but I dont think I can 😞
Original post by isobellamae
I did mine Wednesday and today!!! Paper 1 was good but I mucked up paper 2 big style!!

You found paper 1 with no linguistic devices simple ? Mine was completely the other way around I preferred paper 2 by far !
Original post by Sriharry
I was predicted a 7 but underperformed and got a 5 😕 I really hope for a 6 but I dont think I can 😞

TBH beat yourself . It's an exam with different sources . I felt the same way I was thrown off completely!
Original post by monelbailey
You found paper 1 with no linguistic devices simple ? Mine was completely the other way around I preferred paper 2 by far !

Yeah we were to do just focus on the words!!! I liked the writing question too!!
Urgh worst part is we have to wait 2 damn months
Remembering from my last resit in November I don't think they went down might of even gone up. If they went down it was only by a few marks
Original post by Sriharry
Urgh worst part is we have to wait 2 damn months

Might as well forget about it for 2 months
Remembering from my last resit in November I don't think they went down might of even gone up. If they went down it was only by a few marks

I would be lucky to get a single mark on paper 1 tbh
Holy cow I didnt even know their was a lack of linguistic devices in paper 1.

Tbh I only noticed the colour imagery and pastoral imagery and wrote a bunch about that.Probably waffle but defo wudve got into the top marks tier.If only I finished writing in the space provided but my 10mins were up ://

I loved paper 2 ngl.
In the morning I woke up at 8:30 and my brain just said to me :watch a video on how to write a good speech.lol even the invigilator saw my smile when I looked at what q5 asked me to write ^.^

Id rather not say my grade in summer as I might be accused of narcissim or cockyness.
Original post by MarkDeathRider
Holy cow I didnt even know their was a lack of linguistic devices in paper 1.

Tbh I only noticed the colour imagery and pastoral imagery and wrote a bunch about that.Probably waffle but defo wudve got into the top marks tier.If only I finished writing in the space provided but my 10mins were up ://

I loved paper 2 ngl.
In the morning I woke up at 8:30 and my brain just said to me :watch a video on how to write a good speech.lol even the invigilator saw my smile when I looked at what q5 asked me to write ^.^

Id rather not say my grade in summer as I might be accused of narcissim or cockyness.

Yeah my paper 2 was much better than my paper 1. I think my speech was ok but it had no back bone or structure so yeah....
Original post by Greenapplepear
Is anyone doing the AQA GCSE English Language resit in 2 weeks time? How are you guys revising?

I’m doing mine in 2 weeks too (around the 20th of November) and I find it easy to revise by looking over model answers from the aqa website! It’s easy to pick up on the structure examiners are looking for!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending