The Student Room Group

2nd year of A levels, should I work!?

Okay so I don't really want to work after January as I'd rather focus on my exams much more and I know from working last year through my as exams I could have performed much better if I wasn't working. I do currently have a job that I could keep for next year but I'm worried about it knocking down my grades but equally I worked out in the time from Jan-September my total expenses will be possibly around £3000 (car insurance, holiday etc) and i wouldn't be able to just magic that money from my parents pockets. Honestly is it worth ditching my job in hope of better grades or not have a job but completely drain my savings account? (I was hoping to use my savings account for uni)
Reply 1
Depends if you want to go to a good uni.. I stopped work for my exams and they had a thing in place which meant I could return easily within 6 months. I reckon grades are more important than a few months work in a job that you’re going to be getting a degree so that you don’t have to do
Depends on you.
1. Are you actually going to spend all of the time you would have been working doing revision?
2. Do you need those extra hours to get the grades you need for uni?

It's entirely possible to work and still get good grades but I can't comment on the likelihood of that without knowing how capable you are.
Reply 3
Original post by Student-95
Depends on you.
1. Are you actually going to spend all of the time you would have been working doing revision?
2. Do you need those extra hours to get the grades you need for uni?

It's entirely possible to work and still get good grades but I can't comment on the likelihood of that without knowing how capable you are.

I'm predicted AAA and I need ABB although there are scholarships of £670 a year if I achieve AAB and £1000/year if I get AAA, I'm already doing 6-7 hours work a day but I feel that come to exam season I wanna put all my spare time in and even just a job 9-5 on a weekend adds up to about a months worth of revision (if I do 8 hours a day)

Quick Reply

Latest