The Student Room Group

The 'I really need to get my life together' GCSE blog

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JedEmily
Hey i guess it’s good that i end up spending 4+ hours a day after school studying 😉

My teachers have been giving us surprise tests, so I guess it can be to do with those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woah, you do more a day than I do in a whole week haha.:redface: And, yeah, those might be it. I don't know whether it's the law to have mocks or not, though I've never heard of a school that doesn't have mocks.
Original post by JedEmily
Should I worry about the fact that my school hasn’t told us anything about mocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not having mocks until around when AS exams would be. No reason to worry.
Reply 62
Original post by _gcx
I'm not having mocks until around when AS exams would be. No reason to worry.

Shouldn't you be at school? :smug: We are doing the same but we also have to do mocks next month. :frown:
Original post by Black Water
Shouldn't you be at school? :smug: We are doing the same but we also have to do mocks next month. :frown:

Free, using it productively as you can see. I'm not sure how you can do mocks this early on, to be honest, unless it's just a glorified end of topic test.
Reply 64
Original post by _gcx
Free, using it productively as you can see. I'm not sure how you can do mocks this early on, to be honest, unless it's just a glorified end of topic test.

Very productive, I'm on because it's lunch right now and I have no friends. Yeah they pretty much are since they said you have to know everything you've learnt up until when the mocks are. Pointless to be honest.
Wednesday, 12 October 2017
Days until mocks: 26
Crisis count: 1

Guess what, I made it. I’ve survived. My homework is done. Ish.

Today was somewhat eventful:

Before we broke up, we did science assessments, and today we got out physics back.

Let's just say, I've really got my work cut out.

I got 31/ 60, which is a grade 6. Could be worse. Could definitely be better.

I’m not saying that a 6 is a bad grade, because it’s most definitely not, but for someone who is predicted an 8 (I’ve now lowered my own expectations down to a 7), getting 52% really isn’t ideal right now. But hey, at least I know what I need to improve on. Which is a really good thing, to be honest, because my school have somehow managed to mess up the science timings, despite starting the courses in Year 9 (did anyone start their science in year 10? how do you even manage to get everything covered omg?), so we had to take both the biology and physics assessments home because we couldn’t afford to miss two hours of lesson time. A lot of my friends used their notes which, fair enough- I was definitely tempted to, but I made sure I didn’t because I sacrificed my haven’t-revised self for public humiliation to hopefully better myself later on because now I know what I REALLY need to work on. Which is pretty much everything

I mean, I guess 31/ 60 isn’t bad for no revision, but I don’t intend on doing a test without revision again this year if I can help it.

Today was productive because it had to be. I had to stay behind for an hour for compulsory sixth period physics (WOOHOO), so I got home close to five and finished up working just past half ten. Granted, there were a few breaks thrown in there, but I worked for about 4-5 hours today and even though I didn’t get everything done, I'm quite proud of myself.

Well done, Meghan. You’re not completely useless, after all.

History: Fun story: turns out the history was due today instead of tomorrow. I got myself out of a detention, so everything’s fine, and half of us are turning it in tomorrow, so life’s good. Granted, I’ve still got a big 16 mark American west question to complete, but i’m planning on doing that at lunch. I did between 8 and 10 pages of history today and, let me tell you, never leave an exam paper until the night before it’s due. Or the night after it’s due, in my case.

Maths: I’ve pretty much done the whole mock paper thingy, save a question here and there that I'll brush up in the morning, but I think that once you say “I'll do it in the morning”, you’ve just got to accept you will never do it in the morning, and you’ll never do it ever. The ‘arithmetic challenge’ I’ve completed half of, though I think I'm going to try and do a bit more throughout tomorrow using my calculator. Yes, I know that’s bad, but I worked out half of it in my head, and I honestly doubt it’ll get marked, so I'm fine. I’ll leave out a few questions so there’s no chance of me winning.

Geography: Completed the ‘not compulsory but necessary’ notes at lunch, only to find they were neither compulsory, nor necessary and I could’ve finished them in lesson, but hey ho they’re done now. Got a mountain of geography homework, though and I’LL START THAT TOMORROW. Can’t go back now. It’s on the internet forever. From this day onwards, I am the epitome of productive. Bow down to me, peasants, queen of productivity and empress of organisation.

Chemistry: Turns out the homework was due on Friday. (I really need to use my planner more aha) I did all of it but the last question in lesson, SO I’LL ALSO FINISH THAT TOMORROW. Future Meghan, you better have your life together by this time tomorrow.

And, for the record, I never did manage to do any vocabulary last night.
Original post by troubletracking
Wednesday, 12 October 2017
Days until mocks: 26
Crisis count: 1

Guess what, I made it. I’ve survived. My homework is done. Ish.

Today was somewhat eventful:

Before we broke up, we did science assessments, and today we got out physics back.

Let's just say, I've really got my work cut out.

I got 31/ 60, which is a grade 6. Could be worse. Could definitely be better.

I’m not saying that a 6 is a bad grade, because it’s most definitely not, but for someone who is predicted an 8 (I’ve now lowered my own expectations down to a 7), getting 52% really isn’t ideal right now. But hey, at least I know what I need to improve on. Which is a really good thing, to be honest, because my school have somehow managed to mess up the science timings, despite starting the courses in Year 9 (did anyone start their science in year 10? how do you even manage to get everything covered omg?), so we had to take both the biology and physics assessments home because we couldn’t afford to miss two hours of lesson time. A lot of my friends used their notes which, fair enough- I was definitely tempted to, but I made sure I didn’t because I sacrificed my haven’t-revised self for public humiliation to hopefully better myself later on because now I know what I REALLY need to work on. Which is pretty much everything

I mean, I guess 31/ 60 isn’t bad for no revision, but I don’t intend on doing a test without revision again this year if I can help it.

Today was productive because it had to be. I had to stay behind for an hour for compulsory sixth period physics (WOOHOO), so I got home close to five and finished up working just past half ten. Granted, there were a few breaks thrown in there, but I worked for about 4-5 hours today and even though I didn’t get everything done, I'm quite proud of myself.

Well done, Meghan. You’re not completely useless, after all.

History: Fun story: turns out the history was due today instead of tomorrow. I got myself out of a detention, so everything’s fine, and half of us are turning it in tomorrow, so life’s good. Granted, I’ve still got a big 16 mark American west question to complete, but i’m planning on doing that at lunch. I did between 8 and 10 pages of history today and, let me tell you, never leave an exam paper until the night before it’s due. Or the night after it’s due, in my case.

Maths: I’ve pretty much done the whole mock paper thingy, save a question here and there that I'll brush up in the morning, but I think that once you say “I'll do it in the morning”, you’ve just got to accept you will never do it in the morning, and you’ll never do it ever. The ‘arithmetic challenge’ I’ve completed half of, though I think I'm going to try and do a bit more throughout tomorrow using my calculator. Yes, I know that’s bad, but I worked out half of it in my head, and I honestly doubt it’ll get marked, so I'm fine. I’ll leave out a few questions so there’s no chance of me winning.

Geography: Completed the ‘not compulsory but necessary’ notes at lunch, only to find they were neither compulsory, nor necessary and I could’ve finished them in lesson, but hey ho they’re done now. Got a mountain of geography homework, though and I’LL START THAT TOMORROW. Can’t go back now. It’s on the internet forever. From this day onwards, I am the epitome of productive. Bow down to me, peasants, queen of productivity and empress of organisation.

Chemistry: Turns out the homework was due on Friday. (I really need to use my planner more aha) I did all of it but the last question in lesson, SO I’LL ALSO FINISH THAT TOMORROW. Future Meghan, you better have your life together by this time tomorrow.

And, for the record, I never did manage to do any vocabulary last night.

I got pretty similar to you in the science exam which I got back yesterday but mine didn’t really count for anything (school were using it to determine who does separate sciences) but I guess we both gotta work harder in physics ugh
We started science in year nine and we have a very small glimmer of hope that we will cover everything we gotta know (also my teachers sucked in year nine) but it’s very small. My friends at another school started in year ten and they’ve had to cover whole topics as homework- I’m so glad I started earlier! Have a great day at school! (Wait how can anything be great, it’s year 11...)
Original post by Toastiekid
I got pretty similar to you in the science exam which I got back yesterday but mine didn’t really count for anything (school were using it to determine who does separate sciences) but I guess we both gotta work harder in physics ugh
We started science in year nine and we have a very small glimmer of hope that we will cover everything we gotta know (also my teachers sucked in year nine) but it’s very small. My friends at another school started in year ten and they’ve had to cover whole topics as homework- I’m so glad I started earlier! Have a great day at school! (Wait how can anything be great, it’s year 11...)

Well, at least we’re both motivated to revise for physics now🙄
And yeah, I’m getting increasingly worried I won’t cover everything in science and a lot of people feel that way too- there’s just so much! Starting in year 10 sounds awful, there’s no way i’d be able to go over everything in two years.
Aha, I’ll try! You too😂
Thursday, 2nd November 2017
Days until mocks: 25 (oh my god I'm running out of time)
Crisis count: 1.5

Yep, that’s right: I'm writing this at 22:36 which means that I’m in bed before 11pm. Pretty sure the last time that happened was Year 8.
Today consisted of yet another awkward french form situation, a mini crisis about taking a fourth A-level, and another day of narrowly dodging the bullet with my half completed homework.
I’m not going to deny the fact that I've done nothing today, but I have managed to piece together a rough plan of action for the next few weeks, and possibly months, of my life, so that’s terrific.
I think, in the run up to mocks, my main priority will be making revision resources, specifically flashcards, which is something I should’ve done over the summer but, newsflash, I barely have the motivation to respire, never mind make flashcards about it.
This motivation thing is hitting me so hard I'm actually concerned. I swear I wasn’t this bad in year 10. Or, maybe I was, but the workload wasn't half as demanding, so I didn’t have to do as much.

Either way, I really need to get my life together.

I’m going to make a revision timetable either later tonight or tomorrow evening (preferably tomorrow but I get pretty wild after 10pm so who knows) and I'm going to split each subject into modules and do half an hour blocks of flashcard making of that specific module, then put the flashcards in my blazer for school the next day. Yeah, I know, it’s not the most revision intensive battle plan, but I'm hoping this will kill two birds with one stone: resource making and revision. I’m also going to fish around on the internet and find a good mathsy videoy site and do half an hour of maths every day because, believe me, there’s no way I'm even going to get a 7 if don’t start working at home (maybe I'll even pluck up the courage and ask my teacher for extra work- told you I'm wild after 10). I’m hoping the one hour of flashcard making and half an hour of maths will leave me enough time for homework, now that I'm super organised and productive because I do my homework when it’s set (she says in bed next to a pile of homework she hasn’t done).
So, yeah. I’ve written it down so that I'll feel guilty when I don’t do it. There’s certainly going to be a lot of that happening this next month.

Before the holidays, I had this week where I pretty much did french vocab revision every night. I’d import some vocab onto Quizlet from the big ol’ AQA french vocab list, then I'd do a cheeky bit of Memrise to finish up before bed. I haven’t done it in about two weeks so I'm actually going to do it tonight. I mean it; I will.

It’s goodnight from me in the wee early hours of the night and good luck to you for surviving the perils of school tomorrow.

Oh wait, now that I think about it, I have done something today. I’ve made three B6 flashcards. Wow. You really are a grade 8 student, Meghan.
Reply 69
Thursday, 2nd November 2017
Days until mocks: 25 (oh my god I'm running out of time)

Yep, that’s right: I'm writing this at 22:36 which means that I’m in bed before 11pm. Pretty sure the last time that happened was Year 8.
Today consisted of yet another awkward french form situation, a mini crisis about taking a fourth A-level, and another day of narrowly dodging the bullet with my half completed homework.
I’m not going to deny the fact that I've done nothing today, but I have managed to piece together a rough plan of action for the next few weeks, and possibly months, of my life, so that’s terrific.
I think, in the run up to mocks, my main priority will be making revision resources, specifically flashcards, which is something I should’ve done over the summer but, newsflash, I barely have the motivation to respire, never mind make flashcards about it.
This motivation thing is hitting me so hard I'm actually concerned. I swear I wasn’t this bad in year 10. Or, maybe I was, but the workload wasn't half as demanding, so I didn’t have to do as much.

Either way, I really need to get my life together.

I’m going to make a revision timetable either later tonight or tomorrow evening (preferably tomorrow but I get pretty wild after 10pm so who knows) and I'm going to split each subject into modules and do half an hour blocks of flashcard making of that specific module, then put the flashcards in my blazer for school the next day. Yeah, I know, it’s not the most revision intensive battle plan, but I'm hoping this will kill two birds with one stone: resource making and revision. I’m also going to fish around on the internet and find a good mathsy videoy site and do half an hour of maths every day because, believe me, there’s no way I'm even going to get a 7 if don’t start working at home (maybe I'll even pluck up the courage and ask my teacher for extra work- told you I'm wild after 10). I’m hoping the one hour of flashcard making and half an hour of maths will leave me enough time for homework, now that I'm super organised and productive because I do my homework when it’s set (she says in bed next to a pile of homework she hasn’t done).
So, yeah. I’ve written it down so that I'll feel guilty when I don’t do it. There’s certainly going to be a lot of that happening this next month.

Before the holidays, I had this week where I pretty much did french vocab revision every night. I’d import some vocab onto Quizlet from the big ol’ AQA french vocab list, then I'd do a cheeky bit of Memrise to finish up before bed. I haven’t done it in about two weeks so I'm actually going to do it tonight. I mean it; I will.

It’s goodnight from me in the wee early hours of the night and good luck to you for surviving the perils of school tomorrow.

Oh wait, now that I think about it, I have done something today. I’ve made three B6 flashcards. Wow. You really are a grade 8 student, Meghan.

Hey Meghan, it's been a while! From what I can hear (or read rather) your productivity looks to be getting better - whether big or small, it's improvement nonetheless. Regarding that Physics test, I was in a similar boat. I had a Biology test and a Chemistry test - I'd barely revised for either which is rare for me but organisation was nonexistent that week - I managed to get about a 5 in Biology and a 6 in Chemistry. I know, I didn't think it was possible either. I have to admit however, that I completely disregarded those results just because I know that if I'd revised, they'd never have been so awful. Of course, this is subjective, but also being a grade 8 student, it's just not good enough.

For revision resources, I bought a few packs of revision cards. Thing is, everywhere I looked they were like £4 a pack. Then I found out that Wilko had the same ones for just £1/£1.25 per pack!

Spoiler

For French, I don't remember if I've mentioned this before, but Duolingo is a great app for learning new vocab and just honing your skills.

For Maths, I've heard CGP are great, but haven't tried them out specifically for Maths just yet.

In general, I'd say try your best not to get too overloaded with the work that's to come. It's so difficult and I really struggle with it myself but I find that focusing on the here and now helps out your mindset, increasing will power and therefore productivity.

Best of luck with everything b, hope any of this helped xx
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by AlbabA
Hey Meghan, it's been a while! From what I can hear (or read rather) your productivity looks to be getting better - whether big or small, it's improvement nonetheless. Regarding that Physics test, I was in a similar boat. I had a Biology test and a Chemistry test - I'd barely revised for either which is rare for me but organisation was nonexistent that week - I managed to get about a 5 in Biology and a 6 in Chemistry. I know, I didn't think it was possible either. I have to admit however, that I completely disregarded those results just because I know that if I'd revised, they'd never have been so awful. Of course, this is subjective, but also being a grade 8 student, it's just not good enough.

For revision resources, I bought a few packs of revision cards. Thing is, everywhere I looked they were like £4 a pack. Then I found out that Wilko had the same ones for just £1/£1.25 per pack!

Spoiler

For French, I don't remember if I've mentioned this before, but Duolingo is a great app for learning new vocab and just honing your skills.

For Maths, I've heard CGP are great, but haven't tried them out specifically for Maths just yet.

In general, I'd say try your best not to get too overloaded with the work that's to come. It's so difficult and I really struggle with it myself but I find that focusing on the here and now helps out your mindset, increasing will power and therefore productivity.

Best of luck with everything b, hope any of this helped xx

Ah, my saviour has returned! Thank you for the positivity about my productivity, the progress isn't big by any means but it's getting there slowly but surely. I'd been feeling pretty down about it today after seeing everyone else blogs and how everyone else seems to have it down, and your kind words definitely put it into perspective.
It's so relieving to see someone else relate to my physics situation. My friends don't understand why I might be disappointed by a decent grade and I feel selfish and ungrateful for moping over it, but as someone aiming for 8s, I feel I can do so much better. But I do embrace disappointing results, in a way, because they give me the determination to do well next time.
Man, am I salty about the Wilko flashcards. I've literally bought so many overpriced WH Smith's flashcards I might need to get a mortgage, but you've just saved my bank account! Damn, I wish I'd seen them sooner.
Yes, Duolingo! I swear I've had that app on my phone for a year and only used it for like a week before I lost my streak and gave up. Definitely going to try and get back on that bandwagon.
I do have a CGP maths workbook, but I haven't started it yet. I think I want to get into the habit of just doing a page a night and slowly that should inch my grade up.
That last bit was just what I needed today omg. I find it hard to not get overwhelmed with all the stuff I need to know not just for mocks, but for the exams in sixth months, and I feel like there's just SO MUCH and there's no way I'm going to know it all in time. Obviously, you're right, and I need to work on just focussing on what I need to do today instead of stressing about what I need to do in the future. I think tonight I'm going to get together a revision timetable for the next three weeks in the hopes it will whip my ass into gear.
Thank you again, btw, it most certainly helped. Hoping everything goes well for you too!:wink:
Reply 71
Ah, my saviour has returned! Thank you for the positivity about my productivity, the progress isn't big by any means but it's getting there slowly but surely. I'd been feeling pretty down about it today after seeing everyone else blogs and how everyone else seems to have it down, and your kind words definitely put it into perspective.
It's so relieving to see someone else relate to my physics situation. My friends don't understand why I might be disappointed by a decent grade and I feel selfish and ungrateful for moping over it, but as someone aiming for 8s, I feel I can do so much better. But I do embrace disappointing results, in a way, because they give me the determination to do well next time.
Man, am I salty about the Wilko flashcards. I've literally bought so many overpriced WH Smith's flashcards I might need to get a mortgage, but you've just saved my bank account! Damn, I wish I'd seen them sooner.
Yes, Duolingo! I swear I've had that app on my phone for a year and only used it for like a week before I lost my streak and gave up. Definitely going to try and get back on that bandwagon.
I do have a CGP maths workbook, but I haven't started it yet. I think I want to get into the habit of just doing a page a night and slowly that should inch my grade up.
That last bit was just what I needed today omg. I find it hard to not get overwhelmed with all the stuff I need to know not just for mocks, but for the exams in sixth months, and I feel like there's just SO MUCH and there's no way I'm going to know it all in time. Obviously, you're right, and I need to work on just focussing on what I need to do today instead of stressing about what I need to do in the future. I think tonight I'm going to get together a revision timetable for the next three weeks in the hopes it will whip my ass into gear.
Thank you again, btw, it most certainly helped. Hoping everything goes well for you too!:wink:

Ah this made my day:smile: I can completely relate - I see my friends doing their homework perfectly on time and getting it all done, reaching their targets for all their subjects, and even exceeding them. Whilst I'm here scraping a 'working towards' for everything I'm taking. I guess we just have to remember that the result you come out with is a 'result' (haha, get it. I'm just a bit too funny) of their hardwork and efforts. The more we put in right now, the more we'll come out with on the doomsday otherwise known as Results Day.

Alsooo, if it motivates you, I can add you on DuoLingo and we can try and beat each other in terms of XP. Or you can add me. My name (don't even ask😂) is Le Beb.

Rooting for you:smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by AlbabA
Ah this made my day:smile: I can completely relate - I see my friends doing their homework perfectly on time and getting it all done, reaching their targets for all their subjects, and even exceeding them. Whilst I'm here scraping a 'working towards' for everything I'm taking. I guess we just have to remember that the result you come out with is a 'result' (haha, get it. I'm just a bit too funny) of their hardwork and efforts. The more we put in right now, the more we'll come out with on the doomsday otherwise known as Results Day.

Alsooo, if it motivates you, I can add you on DuoLingo and we can try and beat each other in terms of XP. Or you can add me. My name (don't even ask😂) is Le Beb.

Rooting for you:smile:

Sometimes you really need to be inspired by reading all these high achieving study blogs, but sometimes you just need to know that someone else struggles to get their homework on time and meet their targets, yet alone consistent revision, you know? Currently, that's what's getting me through right now- the thought of opening that letter on results day and knowing that, no matter what grades I get, I worked my arse off and that's all I could've done.

Woah, I didn't even know you could even add people on Duolingo so I'll try and figure that one out. If I can't, my username is unfortunately a pretty bog standard Meghan146507 (i literally don't know where that even came from wth)

And, pal, I'm rooting for us both:wink:
Reply 73
Sometimes you really need to be inspired by reading all these high achieving study blogs, but sometimes you just need to know that someone else struggles to get their homework on time and meet their targets, yet alone consistent revision, you know? Currently, that's what's getting me through right now- the thought of opening that letter on results day and knowing that, no matter what grades I get, I worked my arse off and that's all I could've done.

Woah, I didn't even know you could even add people on Duolingo so I'll try and figure that one out. If I can't, my username is unfortunately a pretty bog standard Meghan146507 (i literally don't know where that even came from wth)

And, pal, I'm rooting for us both:wink:

Right? And this week must've put my brain to sleep, I don't even know my own username😭 It's actually The French Beb but I've followed you, so if I've done it correctly, you should get a notification to follow me back:smile:)
Original post by AlbabA
Right? And this week must've put my brain to sleep, I don't even know my own username😭 It's actually The French Beb but I've followed you, so if I've done it correctly, you should get a notification to follow me back:smile:)

Done:smile: Oh my, a 14 day streak, how? Nothing makes you feel more like a failure in life than when even Duolingo give up you because the notifications "don't seem to be working" :/
Reply 75
Done:smile: Oh my, a 14 day streak, how? Nothing makes you feel more like a failure in life than when even Duolingo give up you because the notifications "don't seem to be working" :/

Bahaha, I've had this app for precisely 14 days, give me a few more and I'll have lost that streak :-P
Friday, 3rd November 2017
Days until mocks: 24

Okay, so I know that technically it's the wee hours of Saturday morning, but I'm classing it as Friday because in my mind it's not Saturday until I've been to sleep and woken up (because that's how time works, Meghan).
Basically, today was a day of me doing nothing in preparation to do ALL THE THINGS next week and the week after that and the week after that. Tomorrow I'm off to an open day for the college I want to apply for and if I don't like it then I'm pretty much screwed so I won't be able to get heaps done, although I do want to try and complete all my homework tomorrow because there's not masses to do.
As we speak, I'm in bed with my revision guides (now there's a phrase I thought I would never say) because i've just finished making a revision timetable after I wrote out all the modules I'd covered so far so I can track what I've done and what I haven't.

You can find the modules here:

Spoiler

And the Week 1 timetable here:

Spoiler

I'm a little bit concerned I might have been a bit ambitious, and it's more important that I stay on track now that there's specific things to cover every half an hour, and if I'm behind then I'll mess up the whole timetable. I'm still new to the whole revision timetable lark and I never followed the one I made for English language completely every day, so I'm not really sure how to gauge it.
(edited 6 years ago)
my friend, you really need to relax.

GCSE are not NEARLY as crazy as you think they are, I finished mine last year, and I crammed the night before in Biology (A), night before in chemistry (A), week before in Physics (A*), and I got 2 9's in both english's just by watching the films (I did not read any of the books)
It's more important now to focus on some skills and passions, if i could go back, i would have used more time learning coding and other things, going to the gym etc.
Reply 78
Friday, 3rd November 2017
Days until mocks: 24

Okay, so I know that technically it's the wee hours of Saturday morning, but I'm classing it as Friday because in my mind it's not Saturday until I've been to sleep and woken up (because that's how time works, Meghan).
Basically, today was a day of me doing nothing in preparation to do ALL THE THINGS next week and the week after that and the week after that. Tomorrow I'm off to an open day for the college I want to apply for and if I don't like it then I'm pretty much screwed so I won't be able to get heaps done, although I do want to try and complete all my homework tomorrow because there's not masses to do.
As we speak, I'm in bed with my revision guides (now there's a phrase I thought I would never say) because i've just finished making a revision timetable after I wrote out all the modules I'd covered so far so I can track what I've done and what I haven't.

You can find the modules here:

And the Week 1 timetable here:

(lmao it's late i'm tired i'll do it the morning i promise)

I'm a little bit concerned I might have been a bit ambitious, and it's more important that I stay on track now that there's specific things to cover every half an hour, and if I'm behind then I'll mess up the whole timetable. I'm still new to the whole revision timetable lark and I never followed the one I made for English language completely every day, so I'm not really sure how to gauge it.

Tbh that's an achievement and a half on a Friday - I was too tired to do anything other than make a to do list :P

P. S. I've made a group on DL so use the group code BQFAKE:smile:
Sunday, 5th November 2017
Days until mocks: 22
Crisis count: 2

So, it's been a while. (two days, Meghan, you've literally only been gone two days)
Yesterday I did, well, nothing.
And today I did, well, something. Sort of.

This was today's grand to-do list:

This was today's less grand accomplishment list:

Geography:
Completed my homework which was due tomorrow. I only had to make corrections on last week's homework, but I did pretty well on last week's exam questions so there wasn't a whole lot to do.
English:
Completed homework on a paragraph about conflict in War Photography, which, get this, isn't due tomorrow. Yeah, that's right, Meghan did homework before the due date. I know, I know, I really have my life together.
Maths:
I'm afraid the productivity ends here. I did one question of my maths homework and the got distracted messing around on guitar. Not my finest hour, but it's nothing new.

In other news, I tidied my room today so I know I'm going to have my act together for tomorrow evening because I always seem to be 143% more productive when my bedroom's tidy. I guess that's pretty useful seeing as tomorrow is the first day of Meghan Officially Gets Her Life Together: Revision Timetable Edition, in which she fails to follow a timetable for all of one day, let alone three weeks. I'm pretty sure I've been overambitious (what's new), but just call me Macbeth. Yeah, I went there.
On another note, I finally caved and splashed out on a MyGCSEScience subscription, which I'm already lowkey regretting. I'm more buzzed for all the worksheets rather than the videos, to be honest, but I'll let y'all know how that goes.

That's all for this weekend, I guess.

Also, big thanks to @AlbabA for dragging me kicking and screaming into the pit of productivity because guess who's got a 2 DAY STREAK ON DUOLINGO? THIS GAL.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest