The Student Room Group

did i scare him away?

yesterday i went out for drinks with a guy i met at a social, i thought it went really well, we spoke about a lot of things and we ended up going to his place and just chilled on his bed and made out a lot lol, he also wanted to have sex but i wasn't ready so, which he was fine with. He said things like "i'm glad i met you", "we connect really well" "you're so cute" but idk i think he's probably said things like that to his last gf's so i doubt it means much. He then walked me to the bus stop and we hugged and he kissed me goodbye when my bus arrived. I was gonna say that we should meet up next week but because i was in a hurry to get on the bus i didn't get the chance, he hasn't messaged me since the meet up so i'm worried i scared him off? :/ idk if it was because i didn't want to have sex just yet...and that leads onto another question i have, if he wanted to have sex on the first date then is really interested in a relationship? i'm thinking of messaging him to ask if he wants to hang out again but idk if i should just wait a bit longer? i can't see him on the weekends anyways since i go home after uni and he knows that....idk guys what do you think pls? did he just want to have sex with me or does he actually like me?
Original post by Anonymous
i'm thinking of messaging him to ask if he wants to hang out again but idk if i should just wait a bit longer?

Don't see the point in waiting to ask lol. He might end up making other plans if you wait ages.
Reply 2
Original post by ChickenMadness
Don't see the point in waiting to ask lol. He might end up making other plans if you wait ages.

hmm ok :/
Just text him!!!! On the flip side if he really is being off with you because you didn’t want to have sex then you have dodged a bullet.

It sounds like you had a really nice time together so it would be a shame to not at least make an effort
Reply 4
If i was the guy, after what happened i would want to make sure the relationship goes at a pace your comfortable with so would hold back texting you and wait for you to text me whenever you were ready. >_< Not sure if that's what he's thinking...but it might be. Anyway you should try texting him and see :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by del1rious
Just text him!!!! On the flip side if he really is being off with you because you didn’t want to have sex then you have dodged a bullet.

It sounds like you had a really nice time together so it would be a shame to not at least make an effort

that's a good point, i'll text him soon
Reply 6
Original post by Froppy
If i was the guy, after what happened i would want to make sure the relationship goes at a pace your comfortable with so would hold back texting you and wait for you to text me whenever you were ready. >_< Not sure if that's what he's thinking...but it might be. Anyway you should try texting him and see :smile:

looks like the majority wants me to text him back first, defo gonna try, guess i won't have much to lose
Reply 7
anyone?
Reply 8
Some people will shag on a first date and still want a relationship. It's not always the case that sex early = binned off.
Reply 9
Original post by gjd800
Some people will shag on a first date and still want a relationship. It's not always the case that sex early = binned off.

thank u for your response, i'll defo make some effort to see where this goes
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
thank u for your response, i'll defo make some effort to see where this goes

Just worth bearing in mind. Having expectations one way or the other will probably lead to disappointment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending