The Student Room Group

MA in Creative Writing - Best course without a high price tag

Hello all,

Just a quick question about MA in CW courses in the UK - I really want to apply but I will be financing it myself and can't afford the high price tag at some universities.

For example, the MA in CW at University of Edinburgh is approx. £9,000, well worth it I imagine, but way out of my league. On the other end is Edinburgh Napier, at about £4,000 (but really not worth it in my opinion).

Are there any particular courses out there that are well known but not crazy expensive?

Thanks!
I can’t say I’ve looked into it. Is there a reason why you can’t get a student loan to cover the costs of the course? Also, It might be worth researching creative writing scholarships to help with costs.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by CeceOR
Hello all,

Just a quick question about MA in CW courses in the UK - I really want to apply but I will be financing it myself and can't afford the high price tag at some universities.

For example, the MA in CW at University of Edinburgh is approx. £9,000, well worth it I imagine, but way out of my league. On the other end is Edinburgh Napier, at about £4,000 (but really not worth it in my opinion).

Are there any particular courses out there that are well known but not crazy expensive?

Thanks!

Hey CeceOR,

As the poster above me mentioned, a postgraduate loan might help you cover the costs if there is a particular course you have your eye on.

Otherwise, I'd suggest thinking about what you want to get out of the course. For example the quality of lecturers, module interest etc and then seeing if the courses match.

I did my CW MA at Hertfordshire and really loved it. But, that was because I looked into it before I started. There were other courses on offer around London I investigated that just didn't seem to appeal to me.

All the best,

David

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending