The Student Room Group

Model agency has a right to ask for money or not?

I was wondering cause I received a call from one model agency, and after we talking he ask me to pay for some pics, as they are agency and so on!!!he mentioned that they have studio and everything I am just paying for photographer.
I was applying for some modelling two days before I received a call from them,but I am not sure is this right or not? And do I have to pay or not?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Norman1020
I was wondering cause I received a call from one model agency, and after we talking he ask me to pay for some pics, as they are agency and so on!!!he mentioned that they have studio and everything I am just paying for photographer.
I was applying for some modelling two days before I received a call from them,but I am not sure is this right or not? And do I have to pay or not?

[removed] Don't bother. A genuine modelling agency will never ask you for money. You haven't signed a contract, they can't do anything.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2

is this 'London fashion models' by any chance? Anyhow, DO NOT pay any money [removed]. REAL model agency NEVER asks you to pay for anything, as they cover all of your expenses.

There's an entire thread lurking about somewhere on TSR in regards to London Fashion Models, and these other fake model agencies asking people to pay odd prices for their 'portfolios'
(edited 5 years ago)

[removed] Do not pay.

[removed]
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Has anyone heard of front line models Margaret street London?? Any info much appreciated
Don't give them a penny, they are probably some disreputable outfit who will send your pics to third parties and charge you an agency fee.
Original post by Dod45
Has anyone heard of front line models Margaret street London?? Any info much appreciated

[removed]
(edited 5 years ago)
yes I was at there photo studio in Margaret street with my granddaughter, they said they would get work for her and id hear from agencies in two weeks and got me to pay £150 deposit ,and we agreed to pay £117 pound direct debit for the next 3 months till the £500 is paid for her portfolio and then I get the photographs via email ? they said that I had to buy the portfolio and they keep her on the books and promote her ???
Reply 8
Original post by ladygaga101
yes I was at there photo studio in Margaret street with my granddaughter, they said they would get work for her and id hear from agencies in two weeks and got me to pay £150 deposit ,and we agreed to pay £117 pound direct debit for the next 3 months till the £500 is paid for her portfolio and then I get the photographs via email ? they said that I had to buy the portfolio and they keep her on the books and promote her ???

I cancelled the appt I had for my daughter, they asked for £50 deposit which I paid asked her to bring some changes of clothes, but had doubts so looked on line and decided it was just a con to get money for photos
Original post by Dod45
I cancelled the appt I had for my daughter, they asked for £50 deposit which I paid asked her to bring some changes of clothes, but had doubts so looked on line and decided it was just a con to get money for photos

Hope you cancelled the card u paid deposit on...someone else it happened to ended up paying for a holiday she knew nothing about. Litrelly frauding out of thousands for work that isnt there

Hop
Reply 10
Original post by Broken7003
Hope you cancelled the card u paid deposit on...someone else it happened to ended up paying for a holiday she knew nothing about. Litrelly frauding out of thousands for work that isnt there

Hop

Yes card was cancelled the next day
Original post by Dod45
Yes card was cancelled the next day

So if you want to join the other victims, we have got a solicitor and lots of evidence n are filing for compensation email me [email protected] and will join u to group chat x
[removed] I'll always do research and ask for advice before I even bother attending any photo shoot or interview. Never pay for anything.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 13
What about total model management are they legit because they are asking me 100 for my child to be represented by them 😩
do not pay any cash upfront [removed]
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi, please has anyone heard anything on The Fashion Lounge Devonshire Place Mews? And bad experiences? I applied there and I was asked to pay £1000 for my portfolio before getting a job
Reply 16
these are terrible agencies
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by sharonnie1
hi, please has anyone heard anything on the fashion lounge devonshire place mews? And bad experiences? I applied there and i was asked to pay £1000 for my portfolio before getting a job

[removed]
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 18
Hi what about uk models ? There asking me to pay 500 for a website for my daughter and her photos on cd has anyone had experience with these? We went to photoshoot and seemed legit there were other children there too and a teenager any info most welcome !!
Reply 19
I have applied for a company called Next Generation Models and they asked for a £50 renewable deposit. Is it a scam ???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending