The Student Room Group

Deciding to resit exams after UCAS application has been sent off query.

Hey guys,

Bit of an odd one.

I am applying for a degree - I took a year out to work. I am now applying this year whilst on a second gap year to travel.

I currently have AAB and all the courses have applied for want AAB.
I am now thinking to resit the subject I got a B in (Maths) simply because I am not happy with it. My UCAS application has already been sent off. Say for example my maths grade goes up to an A (so I would now have AAA) but I end up in clearing for whatever reason, how will the unis know my grade has gone up, as I would have decided to resit after my UCAS application was sent off, meaning I would not have put on the UCAS forum that I am planning to resit.

I know its an odd one, but any help appreciated.

Thanks
Original post by astrostar29
Hey guys,

Bit of an odd one.

I am applying for a degree - I took a year out to work. I am now applying this year whilst on a second gap year to travel.

I am now thinking to resit the subject I got a B in (Maths) simply because I am not happy with it. My UCAS application has already been sent off. Say for example my maths grade goes up to an A (so I would now have AAA) but I end up in clearing for whatever reason, how will the unis know my grade has gone up, as I would have decided to resit after my UCAS application was sent off, meaning I would not have put on the UCAS forum that I am planning to resit.

Thanks

You can update your application by emailing [email protected] with details of the new exam

Once they confirm that they’ve updated your application then you’ll need to contact your universities directly to notify them of the change.
Original post by astrostar29
Hey guys,

Bit of an odd one.

Thanks

I honestly think that you shouldn't resit your exam. Your grades are fine and meet the requirements for the courses you've applied to at every Uni. Always remember that Uni's don't just look at your grades... they also look at your interest in the course, why you wanna do it, how passionate you are about it and what experience you've previously had that will help you for the course you want to do. Grades are not always significant in the eyes of the admissions staff but rather other things which we tend to overlook. The decision is up to you on whether you want to resit again however, from my perspective of this situation I would say no. You're most likely to be offered places without you having to resit again. Don't end up doing something irrational because you don't feel good about the B you have. Good luck in whatever decision you make 👍🏼

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending