The Student Room Group

Law with AAB

Any good unis with a requirement of AAB to study law?
I know its ABB but Liverpool is a good choice.
Most of the AAAs, specially Exeter.
Reply 3
Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.
Most of the AAAs, specially Exeter.

I emailed exeter and they replied - they said that they are more likely to give an AAA offer although it says on their website its AAA-AAB due to the oversubscription of the course every year. I am just quite worried if they will offer me an AAA then that means its hard to put exeter as my insurance choice
Original post by KylaDonelly
I emailed exeter and they replied - they said that they are more likely to give an AAA offer although it says on their website its AAA-AAB due to the oversubscription of the course every year. I am just quite worried if they will offer me an AAA then that means its hard to put exeter as my insurance choice

Plenty of people do get AAA offers and get in with AAB, and plenty people get AAB offers. There is one poster on here who recently got a BBB offer and will tell anyone who suffers to hear him. So it is possible still.

Also you have to consider who responded to your email. The admin staff at unis are usually clueless and less than useless, whether that be uni-wide admin staff or the law school's.
Reply 5
Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.
Plenty of people do get AAA offers and get in with AAB, and plenty people get AAB offers. There is one poster on here who recently got a BBB offer and will tell anyone who suffers to hear him. So it is possible still.

Also you have to consider who responded to your email. The admin staff at unis are usually clueless and less than useless, whether that be uni-wide admin staff or the law school's.

Okay thank you so much. I think i will just go for it. I was thinking of putting Kent or Exeter as my insurance choice as they are both AAA-AAB but im just worried if they will offer me an AAA. Like i know they accept people with AAB but again theres no certainty they will accept me if i get that result next year. I am yet to visit the exeter campus next year. But ill update you once i sent my application. Thank you so much for the help! Who knows i might see you next year at Exeter!!
Might be a bit risky but I applied for Leeds with A*A*A* predictions and they gave me an AAB offer? Maybe because of my personal statement- my GCSES were not great compared to others (4A5B) so you COULD try it?
Reply 7
Original post by k4yleyh4u00
Might be a bit risky but I applied for Leeds with A*A*A* predictions and they gave me an AAB offer? Maybe because of my personal statement- my GCSES were not great compared to others (4A5B) so you COULD try it?

My gcses arent great either purely because my previous school was the worst secondary school in our local area. But im in a grammar school now. I only got 2A 5B 2C which is good and predicted AAB. I just dont know if they will offer me the AAB...
Original post by KylaDonelly
My gcses arent great either purely because my previous school was the worst secondary school in our local area. But im in a grammar school now. I only got 2A 5B 2C which is good and predicted AAB. I just dont know if they will offer me the AAB...

but if your school is "the worst secondary school in the local area" you may qualify for a contextual offer/extenuating circumstances? im not sure but I think so
Reply 9
Original post by k4yleyh4u00
but if your school is "the worst secondary school in the local area" you may qualify for a contextual offer/extenuating circumstances? im not sure but I think so

I hope so. It was included in my reference because i am also applying to Queen Mary and they value GCSEs as well so im eligible for the contextual offer on that. Exeter said they dont look at GCSEs but they give contextual if the school i am taking my A-level is really bad (but my school now is very good in achieving high A-level grades) so they might not lower the offer. Either way i will still go for it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending