The Student Room Group

NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme 2018

Scroll to see replies

I saw something about the tests not being timed - is this the case for all of them? Do you have to do all the tests in one go after each other? Or can you do one and not get through to the next etc? I am with @lou-321 on wanting to find out about the benchmarking of the tests and if those scores are referred back to at a later date if necessary etc!

Also, do you have to answer motivational questions and such in the application or is it purely based on your education etc?

I'm interested in HR and the general management scheme but wow there's really not much info on them is there?!
Reply 21
Hey,

I finally got the courage to do all the test and slightly found the numerical reasoning hard. So, I don't think I will be invited for a face to face interview :frown:. Wish there was a way of finding out immediately, having to wait until December is cruel!

I wish you guys all the best though
Original post by Mawile
I can't decide between general management, health informatics and HR >.<

This is my issue exactly. Each stream looks really good and incorporate bits I would enjoy.
Reply 23
Original post by DarkWillow
This is my issue exactly. Each stream looks really good and incorporate bits I would enjoy.

Since we only get one option, it's so hard to choose! I narrowed it down to HR and general, but I went with HR in the end. It's definitely a riskier choice because there are far more places on the general scheme than the HR scheme, but I felt much more affinity and passion for the HR scheme when I was reading about them than I did with general, and I think my background and experience is better suited to the HR scheme as well. You can let them know if you'd be interested in any of the other schemes within your application, so I've put general down for that.

Not that any of this matters anyway, because I will almost definitely get binned out of the process at the numerical testing stage :lol:
Hey guys,

I've just finished my application and I'm about to start on the situational judgement test.
How did people find it and what sort of structure is it? I've never come across a video test for this sort of thing.

Thanks
Original post by Lauren202020
Hey guys,

I've just finished my application and I'm about to start on the situational judgement test.
How did people find it and what sort of structure is it? I've never come across a video test for this sort of thing.

Thanks

i did the situational judgement test and I found it so tough. I feel one needs management or work experience to be able to pass it. The options were so confusing and some looked the same as other options. I dont know about that one :confused::confused:
Reply 26
Application now on hold until all applications close. Hope I haven't cocked it up!
Done the first two tests and been moved onto the final three reasoning tests. Does anyone have any hints or tips for these? Would you compare them in similarity to the HMRC graduate programme tests?
Original post by Lauren202020
Hey guys,

Thanks

I found you didn't necessarily need to watch the video to answer the questions as the question is written out next to it too. But the video was quite good for context.
Hi, i am thinking of applying but hesitating because of the online tests. What is the Numerical test like and what can i expect? Apprehensive about that the most. Hope you can help.Thanks!Selma
Reply 30
Well I've applied to 2018 NHS scheme but I can't get any further......not able to access the online test, have you guys been able to get to the next stage?
Reply 31
I'm about to apply this week however i'm slightly unsure about the online tests...is the video situational test a competencies based interview? (like on the fast stream application) Could someone breakdown what the individual tests cover as I'm floundering a bit! :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by Shieka
Well I've applied to 2018 NHS scheme but I can't get any further......not able to access the online test, have you guys been able to get to the next stage?

From he other posts it seems like many have completed all the open stages so far, so you should definitely ring them to sort out your application
Reply 33
Original post by maisy03
I'm about to apply this week however i'm slightly unsure about the online tests...is the video situational test a competencies based interview? (like on the fast stream application) Could someone breakdown what the individual tests cover as I'm floundering a bit! :smile:

No it's not an interview, just a normal situational judgement test, the tests are all pretty straight forward so don't worry about it
Reply 34
did anyone else find the verbal reasoning test unlike any they have practiced?
Reply 35
I need to start my online tests but I want the job so much that I am genuinely scared to start! I managed to get through to FSAC for the civil service but theres even more assessments for this!!!
I have just completed my logical reasoning test. I've practiced a lot before and wasn't great (around 60%). But I felt like it was almost too easy. Very straight forward shapes. Even easier then the practice test. Do any of you feel the same way? Or was I so bad that they gave me the easiest questions? I think they say they adjust the test to your level.
hey guys,
I've finished my first two assessments, need to do the numerical, verbal and logical reasoning tests.
Do you know what they use for them? I.e. shl tests, cubiks, kenexa, etc.
If they don't use any, would you be able to suggest the most similar practice tests to use to the actual one.
Reply 38
Applied for HR, finished the assessments and application is on hold now. Willing to relocate but would love London or South England. I'm a third year Law LLB student. What else is everyone studying?
Reply 39
Original post by A.U.G.
did anyone else find the verbal reasoning test unlike any they have practiced?

That was the most difficult of the three for me. Actually quite enjoyed the numerical one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending