The Student Room Group

Scholarships

I’m a foreigner and I want to get a scholarship to uk , but heard they will make me study one year igcse ! Is that right ? Like can’t I just get a scholarship with my own certificate without repeating an year
Original post by Muzna1
I’m a foreigner and I want to get a scholarship to uk , but heard they will make me study one year igcse ! Is that right ? Like can’t I just get a scholarship with my own certificate without repeating an year

If you say what qualifications you already help people may be able to help more, also what sort of scholarships are you after.
Reply 2
Medical scholarships !i would like to study university there , but ... what do u mean by qualifications ?
Original post by Muzna1
Medical scholarships !i would like to study university there , but ... what do u mean by qualifications ?

What public ( external) exams have you sat?
Reply 4
Taking the Sudanese certificate ,, not sure what u mean by external exams
Original post by Muzna1
Taking the Sudanese certificate ,, not sure what u mean by external exams

External exam - ones that you get an actual qualification from, usually nationwide. So not mocks in school which are marked by teachers etc.

From a quick google it looks like to study any degree in the UK you would need to either do a foundation year in the UK or complete the first year of a degree in Sudan.
Having a quick look at a variety of scholarships I couldn’t see any that mentioned IGCSE’s so that shouldn’t be a problem.
I’d suggest you have a look at a selection of Unis that you like the sound of and view their entry requirements and scholarships pages to see what works for you.
Reply 6
Does it mean not all universities require me to study an extra year . Like it just depends on the university
Original post by Muzna1
Does it mean not all universities require me to study an extra year . Like it just depends on the university

I’m not an expert but from looking you will probably have to do some sort of foundation year which is harder than your Sudanese certificate then you would be able to take the normal length degree.
This isn’t to get scholarships this is just to actually do the degree.
Obviously you are also going to need to be getting work experience shadowing volunteering, Proof of English language ability etc.

I’m going to tag in

@The Medic Portal

As they may be able to give you some more useful help
Reply 8
Okay thankyou !!! Will check it out for sure :wink:) ء

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending