The Student Room Group

Job Advice

Hello there,
I have so far been to around 4 job interviews and have recieved no from 2. I had a sainsburys interview which I passed and they said they would contact me if they are anymore vacancies as someone else took the job who had more experience. And i had a tesco interview on monday where we were told if we do not get a rejection email in the next 2 - 3 days it should be good news. I have just got invited to an interview in sports direct for a zero hour contract the pay will be lower as well at £4.20 an hour. Do you think I should attend that interview and if I do accept the offer would I be able to leave if I get a better job offer in the next two weeks.
Definitely attend the interview because it'll be good experience for you. And yes you will be able to leave. You start off as a temporary employee during your probation period (normally 3 months) in which case you can terminate your employment straight away with them if you want to, and the same they can dismiss you without notice too.
have you got any advise for tesco interview i am applying for a
Festive Colleague what sort of questions would they ask and how would i be able to answer them
Reply 3
Original post by abdullah112
have you got any advise for tesco interview i am applying for a
Festive Colleague what sort of questions would they ask and how would i be able to answer them

Just received an email a couple of hours ago saying I passed the festive interview. First we were asked to sign in and taken into a different room. Then they told us to introduce ourselves and two other questions. One was adapting your approach to a customer and I have forgotten the other one. Then we filled in our availability signed a form and then were taken into the other room to discuss what we agreed to on the form like the availability. We were then taken to the checkouts to watch someone and then we did a rumble on the shop floor which was organising stock. Then we went back to the room and were told we will hear back from them.
Original post by SSD2001
Just received an email a couple of hours ago saying I passed the festive interview. First we were asked to sign in and taken into a different room. Then they told us to introduce ourselves and two other questions. One was adapting your approach to a customer and I have forgotten the other one. Then we filled in our availability signed a form and then were taken into the other room to discuss what we agreed to on the form like the availability. We were then taken to the checkouts to watch someone and then we did a rumble on the shop floor which was organising stock. Then we went back to the room and were told we will hear back from them.

Ok i understand thanks i was getting a bit worried but thanks alot
Reply 5
Definitely still go.

It'll give you experience you can use when applying to something better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending