The Student Room Group

If someone looks at you a lot, are you more likely to become interested in them?

Just a question, someone's been looking at me a lot and I'm becoming interested in them so just wanna know if this happens with others too or if I'm just weird.

(Cant make a poll so just do "yes" or "no" then either gender "male" "female" or "non binary".) Look at me, catering to all genders #2017hasruinedme.
Reply 1
I think so, so yes. If you think they might be interested then you're more inclined to be curious, if they blanked you then you'd be more likely to not give it a second thought.

I'm a male. But I identify as £50 note.
Can make one creeped.
Reply 3
I mean the occasional look at someone rather than a flat out stare. The girl I mentioned in the post has started looking at me a lot but idk if that's cause I was looking at her a while before and she want's to see if I'm looking at her or if she's interested in me and is trying to see what I look like. .-.
No
Reply 5
i'm not sure....it would certainly depend on who was looking.....and the expression in their eyes....is it a kind, gentle stare or a hostile one....?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I mean the occasional look at someone rather than a flat out stare. The girl I mentioned in the post has started looking at me a lot but idk if that's cause I was looking at her a while before and she want's to see if I'm looking at her or if she's interested in me and is trying to see what I look like. .-.
perhaps you could say a few words to her and observe her reaction....?
Reply 7
No, it would make me uncomfortable and I would avoid looking back.

haha okay in what way, have you spoken to her before etc. ?? Any more detail you can give so we can have a clearer idea

depends might be a weird one like me, oi just to appear to space out to lots of people and just stare at ppl a lot then again i have about 0 interest in them just curiousity
Original post by Dani0322
i'm not sure....it would certainly depend on who was looking.....and the expression in their eyes....is it a kind, gentle stare or a hostile one....?

It'd be a "gentle stare" I guess, nothing hostile seemingly intended. Just an interested/intrigued look.
haha okay in what way, have you spoken to her before etc. ?? Any more detail you can give so we can have a clearer idea

Eh, we spoke maybe 2 words tbh, she knew my name already which means she has maybe been talking about me/has heard about me. I'm pretty sure it'd be good things as I've not done anything bad to anyone or even said anything negative about someone. Both me and her are shy so I assume we both don't really want to initiate a conversation.
Original post by Dani0322
perhaps you could say a few words to her and observe her reaction....?

Was thinking about it and I am really tempted to try, the only problem is that she always seems to be going somewhere when I see her, either to clubs, classes etc. It's either that or she's talking to her friends and so it'd be weird/rude for me to interrupt their conversation and when she's not going somewhere and has no friends around then she is on her phone. I'm trying to find good opportunities to talk but they don't seem to appear :l
Eh, we spoke maybe 2 words tbh, she knew my name already which means she has maybe been talking about me/has heard about me. I'm pretty sure it'd be good things as I've not done anything bad to anyone or even said anything negative about someone. Both me and her are shy so I assume we both don't really want to initiate a conversation.

Well the fact she seems interested is a good sign, I agree being shy is difficult but is there any chance you will be able to speak to her again? The more you talk, the easier you'll be able to see if she is interested! Also an obvious one if you are shy is messaging each other, as it shows an interest and also it is sometimes easier to actually say what you want to say if you get nervy!
Was thinking about it and I am really tempted to try, the only problem is that she always seems to be going somewhere when I see her, either to clubs, classes etc. It's either that or she's talking to her friends and so it'd be weird/rude for me to interrupt their conversation and when she's not going somewhere and has no friends around then she is on her phone. I'm trying to find good opportunities to talk but they don't seem to appear :l

Just saying some people go in their phone when they feel awkward or whatever, haha I do that when I want to avoid a situation I pretend to scroll through my phone, I would just go up and talk to her!!

I'd say try going up to her when she's on her phone, it's not like you'll be interrupting a conversation or something. Or just try smiling and saying a "Hey" when you see her on the way to classes? This is quite adorable because both of you are shy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending