The Student Room Group

What is your least favourite A-Level and why?

I'm just seeing what people don't like :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Goldfish4343

If the ones I did, English lit was too difficult :hide: hence my least favourite
Reply 2
biology , its just so hateable
chemistry

not because of the content, but because of the exam questions. as a subject, chemistry is really cool. the questions just made it a stressful learning experience.
English lit. It is a load of crap. Completely annihilated my passion for reading
I mean I dropped english lit after as so that's the least fav of the ones I'm doing. Honestly I really like all my subjects but some part of maths like decision are truly horrible.
Reply 6
Original post by Goldfish4343

Well for year 12 I did Chemistry, Biology, Maths (Core 1 and 2, and Stats 1) and History and my least favourite was DEFINITELY maths. I was quite bad at it and I felt like it took four times as much work as my other subjects to get even half the result (e.g. Study 2 hours for a chemistry topic test, get 90%, 8 hours for maths and get like 40%). I loved my teachers but I was just unbelievably cr*p at it 😂. I got an A* at GCSE and a D at AS in maths despite studying for like 30 hours for it and getting As in my other 3 subjects with less than half that revision time.

This year for full A-Level though I've dropped maths and I don't really know which would be my least favourite. I enjoy them all. Chemistry I'm finding hardest this year, and Biology probably has the biggest workload, but I wouldn't say I dislike any of them. I don't like exams as a way of being assessed but that's just how it is so while I don't like school much I do like all my subjects.
Eng Lit is pissing me off and has made me realise that I definitely don't want to do an entire degree which revolves around analyzing texts.

"Yes there is a repetition of the word "Some" in this poem, probably because the poet ran out of other ****ing words ughhhhh."
Original post by nippleofjustice
English lit. It is a load of crap. Completely annihilated my passion for reading

MOOD
Reply 9
Biology, workload compared to my other A-Levels is so much greater, I lost my passion for the subject during A2 as well - though this was probably down to my teachers more than anything else.
My least favourite A-Level was Physics. I found it really difficult, particularly year 13. I am not really a science person!
i love english lit lmao :smile:
least fave would be politics because it's ****ing boring and you constantly have to adapt to changing PMs/ presidents and you have to update all of your previous examples or a book might not match up to the current political climate so that makes things difficult too. :frown:
why would anyone take further maths

lol but of the A levels I do actually take, maybe spanish - I love the language and I love learning it but all this noun, preposition, preterite tense crap doesn't make any sense to me
Original post by cheesecakelove
My least favourite A-Level was Physics. I found it really difficult, particularly year 13. I am not really a science person!

What made you take it?
Original post by Fonzworth
What made you take it?

I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, so I chose a variety of A-Levels, including a science which was Physics. A-Level was a big step from GCSE, I felt the content was was difficult to grasp. It took a lot of hard work at the end!
Original post by cheesecakelove
I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, so I chose a variety of A-Levels, including a science which was Physics. A-Level was a big step from GCSE, I felt the content was was difficult to grasp. It took a lot of hard work at the end!

Sounds like me, what where your other subjects?
Original post by nippleofjustice

how and why. im just interested
firstly the texts were ****.
and it just wasn't interesting learning about ******** intentions and what the author meant and all that garbage
Original post by basicallyshrek
why would anyone take further maths

because some people find it interesting?
Of the ones I chose, chemistry is definitely my least favourite.
Don't get me wrong I love the content and it's really interesting I just hate maths and the exam questions are the worst. I wouldn't drop it though!

Quick Reply

Latest