The Student Room Group

Withdraw

I'm an EU students in England in the first year and I'm wondering, if I'm withdrawing from university in the winter, I'll have to repay my loan even if I'll be unemployed
Original post by Andreifelix
I'm an EU students in England in the first year and I'm wondering, if I'm withdrawing from university in the winter, I'll have to repay my loan even if I'll be unemployed

Yes you will, after you earn £21,000- SFE will only make you pay back what you've had from them
Reply 2
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
Yes you will, after you earn £21,000- SFE will only make you pay back what you've had from them

But if I'm leaving UK and go to Romania, I'll have to earn above the limit for Romania (8400) right?
But if I'm leaving UK and go to Romania, I'll have to earn above the limit for Romania (8400) right?

I don't know that, I'm going to ask for this thread to be moved to the Ask Student Finance England forum.

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)

Hi Andreifelix,

If you withdraw from your course, you will become eligible to repay, from the April following your graduation.

You will only be required to start making repayments once you are earning over the threshold.

If going overseas for longer than 3 months we require that you complete an Overseas Income Assessment form (OVFA) in order to work out how much you are due to repay. Whilst you are overseas a new OVFA will be required every 12 months.

You can download the OVFA from www.student loan repayment.co.uk by selecting the 'Repaying Your Student Loan' option on the homepage (at the left hand side).

How Overseas Repayments are Calculated

Repayments are worked out exactly as they are in the UK which is 9% of your earnings over the threshold. The overseas thresholds differ depending on the country that you are living in. Economic factors (e.g. cost of living), relative to the UK, are then taken into consideration for each country to determine the threshold that will apply to that country.

Regards Rona
Reply 5
Original post by Rona SFE
Hi Andreifelix,

If you withdraw from your course, you will become eligible to repay, from the April following your graduation.

You will only be required to start making repayments once you are earning over the threshold.

If going overseas for longer than 3 months we require that you complete an Overseas Income Assessment form (OVFA) in order to work out how much you are due to repay. Whilst you are overseas a new OVFA will be required every 12 months.

You can download the OVFA from www.student loan repayment.co.uk by selecting the 'Repaying Your Student Loan' option on the homepage (at the left hand side).

How Overseas Repayments are Calculated

Repayments are worked out exactly as they are in the UK which is 9% of your earnings over the threshold. The overseas thresholds differ depending on the country that you are living in. Economic factors (e.g. cost of living), relative to the UK, are then taken into consideration for each country to determine the threshold that will apply to that country.

Regards Rona

These apply also if I'm a Romanian citizen?
These apply also if I'm a Romanian citizen?

Hi Andreifelix,

Yes that is correct. Just make sure when you withdraw from your course that all your contact details are correct and that we have your correspondence address.

Regards Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending