The Student Room Group

Profit and loss business

How would I calculate it for this question
Reply 1
image.jpg
Original post by Lucky10
image.jpg

The profit or loss is the difference between Cost per unit X Items sold and Selling price per unit X Items sold.
Reply 3
Original post by Anxnymous
The profit or loss is the difference between Cost per unit X Items sold and Selling price per unit X Items sold.

How would I do that then?
Original post by Lucky10
How would I do that then?

25,000 × 50p gives you the total cost for producing the items.

25,000 x £6 gives you the total sales figure.

Total sales - Total cost = Profit or loss made by the business.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 5
25,000 × 50p gives you the total cost for producing the items.

25,000 x £6 gives you the total sales figure.

Total sales - Total cost = Profit or loss made by the business.

Hope this helps :smile:

Once I've done that I take it away right and then how will I know if it's profit or loss. Will loss Be a minus?
Original post by Lucky10
Once I've done that I take it away right and then how will I know if it's profit or loss. Will loss Be a minus?

Once you've done the first 2 steps, you take it away. If the sales figure is more than the Cost figure it'll be a profit. If the sales figure is less than the Cost figure it'll be a loss. The profit is whatever is left over from the sales once you have deducted the total costs.
Reply 7
Once you've done the first 2 steps, you take it away. If the sales figure is more than the Cost figure it'll be a profit. If the sales figure is less than the Cost figure it'll be a loss. The profit is whatever is left over from the sales once you have deducted the total costs.

Thank you, could you help me on my other post on business.
Original post by Lucky10
Thank you, could you help me on my other post on business.

Yeah sure, could you send a link to the other post? As I'm new to this and can't seem to navigate my way around yet
Reply 9
This is it https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5033480&p=74414466#post74414466

Yeah sure, could you send a link to the other post? As I'm new to this and can't seem to navigate my way around yet

Y

Oh it's written.. I have not studied that aspect so I won't be able to help you with it
Reply 11
Oh it's written.. I have not studied that aspect so I won't be able to help you with it

Thank you anyway
Reply 12

I got 137500 is that right

Quick Reply

Latest