The Student Room Group

Anyone work in retail?, I'd like a quick description on the following tasks:

Hey The Student Room.

Tonight i'm going to a NEXT store to continue my application for a small induction.

I've searched on GlassDoor and I found the job and review someone wrote, which also happened to be the store I applied to

Here is the description

InterviewSubmitted my application, the next day I got an email that my application had been shortlisted and that I will receive a phone call not an email to arrange an interview. 2 days later I get a phone call from NEXT asking if I could chat for a few minutes. The telephone interview was very calm and relaxed, and I found the interviewer to be very outgoing and easy to talk to. The questions asked were average and after our conversation, I got told that I had passed the interview and if I could come into the store for an assessment on the same day. The store assessment was just for me to experience the role I had applied for and to see if the environment was right for me. The store assessment took about an hour or more. I worked with another person who had also come for the interview, and we were supervised by one of the managers. He showed us how to unload items, put on security tags and size tags. We were assessed based on accuracy, pace, and understanding of the process of unloading and tagging. After this, each of us that came for the assessment was called into the office for feedback.On my turn, I was offered the job and given a £10 voucher. Also note that if you get offered the job, you will have to pay for your uniform.

This is very helpful, and to give myself an edge, I'd like to know the general method for doing what he described:

- Unloading items.

- Putting on security tags.

- Putting on size tags.

Does anyone have any tricks and tips? advice would be appreciated from anyone in retail .

Thank you in advance :smile:.
Reply 1
Original post by AnonAccount234
Hey The Student Room.

Tonight i'm going to a NEXT store to continue my application for a small induction.

I've searched on GlassDoor and I found the job and review someone wrote, which also happened to be the store I applied to

Here is the description

InterviewSubmitted my application, the next day I got an email that my application had been shortlisted and that I will receive a phone call not an email to arrange an interview. 2 days later I get a phone call from NEXT asking if I could chat for a few minutes. The telephone interview was very calm and relaxed, and I found the interviewer to be very outgoing and easy to talk to. The questions asked were average and after our conversation, I got told that I had passed the interview and if I could come into the store for an assessment on the same day. The store assessment was just for me to experience the role I had applied for and to see if the environment was right for me. The store assessment took about an hour or more. I worked with another person who had also come for the interview, and we were supervised by one of the managers. He showed us how to unload items, put on security tags and size tags. We were assessed based on accuracy, pace, and understanding of the process of unloading and tagging. After this, each of us that came for the assessment was called into the office for feedback.On my turn, I was offered the job and given a £10 voucher. Also note that if you get offered the job, you will have to pay for your uniform.

This is very helpful, and to give myself an edge, I'd like to know the general method for doing what he described:

- Unloading items.

- Putting on security tags.

- Putting on size tags.

Does anyone have any tricks and tips? advice would be appreciated from anyone in retail .

Thank you in advance :smile:.

You can work this out yourself, and if you can't then you'll get training on it anyway.

Unloading items: taking items out of their wrapping and putting them in the stockroom/on the shop floor. The wrapping depends on the item - fragile items will be wrapped in more layers. You'll be shown where to put things afterwards.

Putting on security tags will need training. Different stores use different tags.

Putting on size tags is again store specific.
Original post by Juno
You can work this out yourself, and if you can't then you'll get training on it anyway.

Unloading items: taking items out of their wrapping and putting them in the stockroom/on the shop floor. The wrapping depends on the item - fragile items will be wrapped in more layers. You'll be shown where to put things afterwards.

Putting on security tags will need training. Different stores use different tags.

Putting on size tags is again store specific.

I know i'll learn it later. I'd like to know how to do the beginner stuff in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending