The Student Room Group

Can I upload my IELTS result after getting an offer or? URGENT!!!

Hi. So basically I'm an international student and the universities require me to write the IELTS examination. I haven't yet applied to unis and also haven't given my IELTS exam yet. Is my IELTS needed when I apply to unis or can I upload it later once I get an offer. If yes, then by what date do I have to upload it. Thanks.
Original post by Rohit_Rocks10
Hi. So basically I'm an international student and the universities require me to write the IELTS examination. I haven't yet applied to unis and also haven't given my IELTS exam yet. Is my IELTS needed when I apply to unis or can I upload it later once I get an offer. If yes, then by what date do I have to upload it. Thanks.

It needs to be there as pending with a qualification date of when you get it
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
It needs to be there as pending with a qualification date of when you get it

But there is no specific date when the results come out. The IELTS website says within 2-3 weeks.
But there is no specific date when the results come out. The IELTS website says within 2-3 weeks.

Put the month or month after the date you sit it.
Put the month or month after the date you sit it.

Oh ok. And will the uni contact the IELTS office or will I need to upload it. And yeah what's the deadline to upload my results.
Reply 5
when registering for IELTS, there will be an option of sending your results to 5 universities or you can send the results yourself.
Oh ok. And will the uni contact the IELTS office or will I need to upload it. And yeah what's the deadline to upload my results.

You will ( probably, I'm not 100% sure) have to email the result to the Uni yourself- you have to have fulfilled the conditions for entry by 31st August in the year of entry
You will ( probably, I'm not 100% sure) have to email the result to the Uni yourself- you have to have fulfilled the conditions for entry by 31st August in the year of entry

Ohh ok thanks :smile:
Original post by Maxiukas
when registering for IELTS, there will be an option of sending your results to 5 universities or you can send the results yourself.

Ohh I see. But what if I don't meet the requirement. How will I inform the unis that I'm gonna repeat the IELTS?
Reply 9
I'm not sure, I guess they won't make a decision instantly. If you're worried, you can always upload your results yourself.
Original post by Maxiukas
I'm not sure, I guess they won't make a decision instantly. If you're worried, you can always upload your results yourself.

Yeahh. That seems like a better option hahah. Thanks.
Ohh I see. But what if I don't meet the requirement. How will I inform the unis that I'm gonna repeat the IELTS?

Have your original score on your form as well as a pending one- then follow what the poster that replied to you said

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending