The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

11/10 bait
Original post by Binsanite Kekuit
They are not racist. They don't even promote racial pride, they just promote racial acceptance.

Even if they were racist, IMHO it's fair enough. Liberals have been deriding white people for decades, making vile claims about them, demonising them, making them out to be less than human. In comparison, this is a very reasonable poster... and yet it's had people riled up like crazy.

****ing regret thumbing you up in the other thread.
It's a /pol/ campaign. Their whole purpose is to bait people into getting offended and show how just being white is under attack. People are falling for it.

@FriendlyPenguin @Ganjaweed Rebel
For sure. I am white and I have no problem admitting white privilege exist, nor do others. Nor do we feel insecure to that it's not actually ok to be white. Of course it is. But we don't feel the need to constantly call this out or even make posters.

And people already bringing up BLM, no ****, no one ever thought of doing white lives matter, or rather all lives matter, but when black people speak up, suddenly every little racist crawls out of their hole and cries, oh wait a minute here, all lives matter.
They are not racist. They don't even promote racial pride, they just promote racial acceptance.

Even if they were racist, IMHO it's fair enough. Liberals have been deriding white people for decades, making vile claims about them, demonising them, making them out to be less than human. In comparison, this is a very reasonable poster... and yet it's had people riled up like crazy.

Sounds familiar.
Original post by Laissez‒faire
It's a /pol/ campaign. Their whole purpose is to bait people into getting offended and show how just being white is under attack. People are falling for it.

Not sure one can call this bait. Just another symptom, just another thing these people do and say. It's not really any different to the usual "how it sucks to be white (male)".
All I can say is HH 14/88.

It already is, they're getting Blacked by the dozen.
Original post by yudothis
It's not really any different to the usual "how it sucks to be white (male)".

Anyone who says this must be an utter loser, it's the most privileged position.
Anyone who says this must be an utter loser, it's the most privileged position.

Haven't you heard, there's some white males living off the street. All because of evil feminazis.
The existence of a proof of [X] does not imply that a proof of [not X] does not exist. So those who think "It's okay to be white" => "It's not okay to be not white" fell for the classic logical fallacy :wink:
Reply 30
Maybe anyone disagreeing with this should go to South Africa to see what its like to be a white farmer out there. Mass genocide yet the world's press stays quiet. Effectively saying blacks killing whites is ok.

Never in a million years did I imagine the far right could understand people better than the liberal left. Back in the old days they'd write Heil Hitler, stick a swatiska up there and everyone would criticise them accordingly.
Original post by yudothis
For sure. I am white and I have no problem admitting white privilege exist, nor do others. Nor do we feel insecure to that it's not actually ok to be white. Of course it is. But we don't feel the need to constantly call this out or even make posters.

And people already bringing up BLM, no ****, no one ever thought of doing white lives matter, or rather all lives matter, but when black people speak up, suddenly every little racist crawls out of their hole and cries, oh wait a minute here, all lives matter.

All humans are privilege humans are nothing but parasite that destroy other species and the planet.
Reply 33
Original post by shawn_o1
The existence of a proof of [X] does not imply that a proof of [not X] does not exist. So those who think "It's okay to be white" => "It's not okay to be not white" fell for the classic logical fallacy :wink:

[X] and [not X] cannot both be true. I think you mean that if we have a proof of [A implies B] then we can still have a proof of [(not A) implies B].
Original post by ByEeek
What a pile of clap trap. Are you one of these people that post those "Post 'yes' if you agree" memes?

It's a 'pile of clap trap' that it's okay to be white? Bit racist, isn't it?
Original post by MartinF98
It's a 'pile of clap trap' that it's okay to be white? Bit racist, isn't it?

No. It was your preposition that disagreeing with the idea of it being ok to be white somehow means you support white genocide.

On further reflection this whole concept is utter utter clap trap. One is either white or not. There is nothing we can do about it one way or another so why would it ever be unacceptable to be white, black, pink, maroon or green? So it is complete rubbish. As for it being some form of proxy for genocide - talk about overreacting!
Original post by ByEeek
No. It was your preposition that disagreeing with the idea of it being ok to be white somehow means you support white genocide.

On further reflection this whole concept is utter utter clap trap. One is either white or not. There is nothing we can do about it one way or another so why would it ever be unacceptable to be white, black, pink, maroon or green? So it is complete rubbish. As for it being some form of proxy for genocide - talk about overreacting!

Those who say it is NOT okay to be white are supporting white genocide since they are saying that whites existing is a problem.
Those who say it is NOT okay to be white are supporting white genocide since they are saying that whites existing is a problem.

Why does anyone have to justify their existence, white, black, brown, yellow, green or purple? That is my point. What does it say about someone that they feel they need to justify their existence based on the colour of their skin. That surely is the ultimate low.

Remember Martin Luther King? He never said "I am a black man." He just said, "I am a man." Race is irrelevant. My previous post stated that this poster should actually say, "It is ok to be human." You are just adding incitement into the argument by talking about genocide because it is a shock word.

Do you understand the concept of a loaded question/statement?
Its basically a trap for the far left. They spout the Nazi word at everything. "Its ok to be white" is just a KEK flag project. Its to bait on the far lefts insecurities.

I'd take it a step further and say "Its okay to vote leave".

Latest