The Student Room Group

Future career?

Hi, I’m the type of person who needs a planned out future otherwise I just have no motivation. And for a long time I wanted to be a teacher, then I wanted to be a midwife. But all my teachers and family have told me that I have the grades to have a higher job( no offence to midwifes what you do is amazing and in my opinion need more recognition😁)

I want to work in a hospital setting and work with children/babies but also want a high paid job. Am I asking for too much? What career options are out there?

Grateful for any suggestion😁
Doctor? Nurse? [Work throught to the higher bands and you get more pay]
Reply 2
I have thought about a doctor but the 5 years of med school then the whole junior doctor thing just puts me off.
Original post by Kiraa2003
I have thought about a doctor but the 5 years of med school then the whole junior doctor thing just puts me off.

Fair Enough
Reply 4
According to Prospects (the website), midwives start off at around £21,000 and then progress to the thirties and then forties with experience and continued training. Seems like what you'd expect from any career, really! If you love the idea of bringing babies into the world for a living, I say go for it.

I think the idea of 'higher' and 'lower' jobs is awful anyway - if someone's willing to pay you to do it, then it's a worthwhile job in my opinion!
Reply 5
Original post by hh1994
According to Prospects (the website), midwives start off at around £21,000 and then progress to the thirties and then forties with experience and continued training. Seems like what you'd expect from any career, really! If you love the idea of bringing babies into the world for a living, I say go for it.

I think the idea of 'higher' and 'lower' jobs is awful anyway - if someone's willing to pay you to do it, then it's a worthwhile job in my opinion!

Yeah I agree I think that just because a job is paid more than another doesn’t degrade the lower paid one. Thanks for the info, I love the idea of being one of the first faces a baby sees

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending