The Student Room Group

Is Boris Johnson about to fall, following the "Tory 40" dossier? Could May follow?

I doubt Boris will last more than a few days. He's been sailing by the seat of his pants for years, and was the worst pick I have ever seen for a senior cabinet post

Charlotte Zetinski's piece in Cryzine is on the ball.

Martin Fletcher's longer article in the New Statesman is good for background.

#BorisNDA and #MayKnew will explode on Twitter when tomorrow's Sunday Times and Sunday Telegraph come out.

He can't weather the latest allegation. He has been a huge security risk for some time. This is like Profumo.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Jeremy T
I doubt Boris will last more than a few days. He's been sailing by the seat of his pants for years, and was the worst pick I have ever seen for a senior cabinet post

#BorisNDA and #MayKnew will explode on Twitter when tomorrow's Sunday Times and Sunday Telegraph come out.

He can't weather the latest allegation. He has been a huge security risk for some time. This is like Profumo.

What did Boris do?
Reply 2
I doubt Boris will last more than a few days.

I've read the Cryzine piece and their Twitter image about how "May knew", and I am expecting Boris to resign either tomorrow after the newspapers have been discussed on TV or Monday morning at the latest.

People are asking how come May appointed the inexperienced Williamson to Defence. The same question should be and will be asked about Johnson at the Foreign Office. Then there is the obvious fact that it's the job of the Prime Minister to keep informed about possible security risks posed by or affecting her ministers. Had she not called an election about being strong and stable and then lost her majority there would be a small chance that she could survive the removal of Johnson. But now that's practically impossible. May is likely to resign on Monday or Tuesday.

This is assuming that the pressure is kept up with "MayKnew" and "the Boris NDA". There are of course efforts to keep it under wraps.

This is why less important issues about an MP who likes urine, and the "it's OK to be white" poster, and Harriet Harman, and Labour figures' weaknesses, are being put about. I doubt the attempt to distract will be successful, but there is a tiny possibility that it will be.

Conclusion: if you want this government to be replaced with a competent one, keep up the pressure. The Boris NDA is by far the biggest element in the "dirty dossier" scandal.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by stoyfan
What did Boris do?

It's in the Charlotte Zetinski piece linked to above.
(edited 6 years ago)
RIP my profile pic
Original post by stoyfan
What did Boris do?

he had consensual sex with an adult woman.
Original post by the bear

What an abhorrent homosapien!!!11!!!!!1!
Reply 7
Original post by a^n
It's in the Charlotte Zetinski piece linked to above.

Yes it is.

And brutally summarised in the the image at Twitter.

The Fletcher piece in the Statesman is also good on how long Boris has been doing his stuff. For example he was key in the Danish vote against Maastricht.

Original post by Chaz254
RIP my profile pic

"Another cabinet minister suspended"? Except he will be out completely, not merely suspended. There must be another joky caption you could use, though?

thoughtfully Mr Fletcher shares Boris' medical history & his mother's mental illness.
Reply 9

No - the scandal starts with him forcing her to sign a non-disclosure agreement. A commitment not to disclose what, exactly, about their relationship isn't known. But Boris has had several admitted extramarital affairs, got Petronella Wyatt pregnant twice and had a daughter by Helen Macintyre whose paternity he supported her going to court to keep quiet. Whether the Danielle Fleet NDA covered only consensual actions I have no idea. There were clearly things he did not want disclosed which he thought would damage him, despite his already being known as a serial extramarital shagger. And this is a man in charge of this country's foreign policy who is in possession of a lot of information that is of interest to foreign powers.

As far as I am aware, all of the sexual activity by John Profumo was consensual.

Here is Boris on tape, discussing something with his friend the convicted fraudster Darius Guppy. I won't say what that "something" is... Listen to the tape.

[video="youtube;iDJWkS2A9T0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDJWkS2A9T0[/video]

Johnson should never have been appointed, and now he's been allowed to get so far he's going to do down with "resounding éclat".
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by marers
He forced her to sign a non-disclosure agreement. A commitment not to disclose what, exactly, about their relationship isn't known.

you do not know what the lady agreed to sign... it is none of your business.
Reply 11
you do not know what the lady agreed to sign... it is none of your business.

You are the one who claimed you knew their relationship was "consensual". I haven't expressed an opinion, let alone said I knew.

It is a matter of fact that Johnson has discussed with a criminal friend getting a journalist violently beaten up.

The issue is national security. That such a man with the NDA on his record (banning the disclosure of we know not what, but it's to do with a sexual relationship with a woman in her early 20s) has been - and still is, for the moment! - in such a position has posed a major security risk. It is not as if no-one else was available for the job.

It IS our business that the prime minister of this country has made such a gigantic national security mess-up.

I mean, all he did is that he had sex with a researcher.

Who cares?
Reply 13
Original post by stoyfan
I mean, all he did is that he had sex with a researcher.

No - he made her sign a non-disclosure agreement.

Whether that was by inducement or threat (have you watched the Guppy video?), or some combination, and what he made her agree not to disclose, has not yet been publicly revealed.
Original post by marers
No - the scandal starts with him forcing her to sign a non-disclosure agreement. A commitment not to disclose what, exactly, about their relationship isn't known. But Boris has had several admitted extramarital affairs, got Petronella Wyatt pregnant twice and had a daughter by Helen Macintyre whose paternity he supported her going to court to keep quiet.

So that's at least three times that his extramarital affairs have led to pregnancy.

(And that's just the three we know about.)

Has he been "unlucky" on three separate occasions, or does he prevail upon all the women to forget about using contraception?

I thought he stopped being a Roman Catholic years ago, and anyway a Catholic who opposes contraception is also likely to oppose adultery. What's going on here? We also now know of a "non-disclosure" agreement.

So he likes to put his sword about without protection, and he makes women sign non-disclosure agreements.

If this guy isn't finished politically, he SHOULD be finished politically. Probably the only reason he's lasted a few days since the dossier came out is because they are scrabbling around working out what to do once May falls. (General election? Or "smooth" replacement by the next Tory leader, sorted out with the DUP, and all the time without open rebellion over Brexit - I doubt it. But if the Tories lose May they will need a leader in place before a general election. Could they manage with a caretaker leader?)
(edited 6 years ago)
The following information comes from a contact at a Tory-supporting Sunday newspaper:

The Boris Johnson non-disclosure agreement was about an unplanned pregnancy, a number of acts of violence, and a pregnancy termination

Theresa May will go first, then Johnson will go

May will retire because of ill health (she is a Type 2 diabetic), probably on Monday

David Davis will become caretaker prime minister

Davis will not reappoint Boris Johnson to the cabinet

The new foreign secretary will be Jacob Rees-Mogg

The Davis government will prepare a Brexit plan that will go to MPs in the spring

You heard it here first!
Original post by marers
You are the one who claimed you knew their relationship was "consensual". I haven't expressed an opinion, let alone said I knew.

It is a matter of fact that Johnson has discussed with a criminal friend getting a journalist violently beaten up.

The issue is national security. That such a man with the NDA on his record (banning the disclosure of we know not what, but it's to do with a sexual relationship with a woman in her early 20s) has been - and still is, for the moment! - in such a position has posed a major security risk. It is not as if no-one else was available for the job.

It IS our business that the prime minister of this country has made such a gigantic national security mess-up.

If if is of national security, or indeed was in reference to a criminal act or the agreement was induced through duress, the NDA would hold no force legally. I think you need to have a nice cup of tea and calm down.
(edited 6 years ago)
Answer to both questions is no.
Reply 18
What’s wrong if politicians have sex? I know proplr hate them but do we really hate them enough to not let them have sex whenever they want? Why does it even matter who Boris shags? If she’s up for and he has a good time, good on him and her!
Reply 19
Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.
If if is of national security, or indeed was in reference to a criminal act or the agreement was induced through duress, the NDA would hold no force legally.

The NDA held no practical force legally anyway. Do you think if she blabbed and exposed Boris Johnson for refusing to use a condom and then forcing her in some lawful fashion to have an abortion he'd be able to sue her in practice for a large amount of money, including compensation for his legal fees, for example making her lose most of what she owns and go bankrupt? In practice, do you seriously think that would all happen? Of course it wouldn't. The point of the NDA wasn't that it could EVER be quoted in court. The point was to scare her.

As for Johnson being a security risk, this fact that has been obvious to me for a long time is now out in the open. Martin Fletcher has revealed today that the intelligence services are "wary" of giving Johnson any "sensitive information". And Fletcher should know what he's talking about: he was foreign editor at the Times.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending