The Student Room Group

Is November late for application?

I applied for Manchester, Edinburgh and Imperial in September but I got rejection mails from Imperial and Manchester in this week. Actually I wasnt expecting that. Now I have only Edinburgh and they may send a rejection mail, too. I want to apply for other schools like Warwick, Glasgow and Nottingham. I know they have quota and early application is important to be accepted. The thing I want to ask, Is November late for application? Will I have a lower chance?
Everybody is supposed to have an equal chance up until the deadline. Why didn't you apply to all 5 unis at the same time?
Check that a) you have ALL the qualifications/grades etc they want, b) that you sent everything they wanted (ie. names of referees, scanned in certificates, transcripts etc etc).

If there is no obvious reason for a rejection, email each Uni and ask why they rejected you.
Reply 3
Original post by DrawTheLine
Everybody is supposed to have an equal chance up until the deadline. Why didn't you apply to all 5 unis at the same time?

I was aiming to go to one of these 3 and I thought that there wont be a problem because I have full scholarship for MSc. Apparently, they didnt care about the scholarship:smile: I know it was a mistake not to apply all at the same time.
Reply 4
Original post by returnmigrant
Check that a) you have ALL the qualifications/grades etc they want, b) that you sent everything they wanted (ie. names of referees, scanned in certificates, transcripts etc etc).

If there is no obvious reason for a rejection, email each Uni and ask why they rejected you.

I have all requirements and uploaded all necessary documents. The mails were about they have many applicants and they are trying to pick the most suitable ones.
Original post by Rohit Joshi
They know when the final deadline is for UCAS,

Postgraduate applications dont go through UCAS.

Quick Reply