The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

University halls.

Hello there.
I just wanted to ask that I have heard that before you enter the university halls, you get to do a personality test and the they put you in halls with people who have similar personality traits as you. Is this true? Or do some universities only do it and if you know which ones do?
Kind Regards.
Mine didn't. We simply selected our rooms ourselves.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
Mine didn't. We simply selected our rooms ourselves.

Which university did you attend if you do not mind me asking?
Original post by S.Jama
Which university did you attend if you do not mind me asking?

Sorry I'd rather not say just so I'm not identified! It's not a Russel Group or particularly well known imo.
Reply 4
Original post by DrawTheLine
Sorry I'd rather not say just so I'm not identified! It's not a Russel Group or particularly well known imo.

No problem, How was your university experience like? Did you like living in halls? Is there any advice you would give if I was sadly with people who I would not get along with?
Original post by S.Jama
No problem, How was your university experience like? Did you like living in halls? Is there any advice you would give if I was sadly with people who I would not get along with?

I'm still in halls, I'm only a first year. So far it's okay. However one of my flatmates is really messy. For example, he thinks spaghetti and egg shells can go down the sink. He also spilled lemonade over our flatmate's dishes and didn't clean it up. That's getting a little tricky to handle, but we just keep telling him it's unacceptable to do that and hope he gets the message.

I like halls because it's cheaper than a house, but it's just pretty loud. I like to sleep 10pm-6:30am. I think it's rude to be loud after 11pm, but others don't, but I'm sure it'll be rude if I'm loud before 7am.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending